1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken bracket

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by cdover73, Nov 1, 2014.

1. cdover73

cdover73 Member

I was under my truck(S83P) splicing the broken O2 sensor wire that a stick found and saw i have a broken ear on the 4x4 linkage to the t-case. It is the mount the linkage from the actuator is attached to. I can remove the tail piece seal housing of the t-case where the rear drive shaft goes in and it's the small square block at the top of that piece. Can anyone tell me what the metal is? It's non-magnetic I think. Im thinking cast aluminum but want to make sure before i try to weld it. I have a mig with both steel and aluminum feed, but curious if JB weld or aluminum epoxy would work. Dont wanna overheat the seal area if another method would work. Anybody have any luck repairing broken tabs with epoxy or any ideas/suggestions?

2. old grayfellow

old grayfellow New Member

No way i would trust JB weld for that.. had too many experiences with it giving out, even on things with much less stress than your mounting ear. I don't really think JB weld is actually very strong at all.. i look at it more as a filler than a bonder now.
    You'd be much better off mig welding it.