1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels/rims

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Goldwing, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Goldwing

Goldwing New Member

I need bigger wheels/rims that will fit a Diaihatsu S 80 Jumbo HiJet.so tell me the size I need for the rims and tires.not putting a lift kit on it just want to go bigger on the wheels and tires:frustration:

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

175/70R14 -----4x100 wheel
    You can maybe go up to 185 but risk rub against wheel hub when running rough roads. Stick to 65-70 for width. Also I had great luck finding wheels on kijiji almost new wheels and tires for peanuts.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

On my S80 Jumbo the wheels are 4X110.Some people try to ream out the 100's but it's not a very good idea.

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

well to be fair I said 4x100 because I figured the wheel would be same as Suzuki. 4x110 wheels, with tires that are 175/65/R14 would be the same. just a differant bolt pattern

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I wasn't barking at you I just wanted to clarify the bolt pattern as I've seen people try to make the 100's or 115's work and all it does is bugger up the studs and really isn't safe. On my truck I lifted it 2" and went with 14" RX 7 wheels and 195/65 R14 tires.I still had to trim the wheel wells and replace the springs with 250 lb AFCO's.
    On my Scrum with the 4X100 bolt pattern I used 13" Nissan wheels and 250 lb AFCO's and no lilt and it works fine.

Sickboy774 likes this.