1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Oil leak...

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by yoda, Nov 16, 2014.

1. yoda

yoda New Member

Seems to be a common thing looking at the threads

Anyone point me in the right direction on best way to tackle the oil leak , best and cheapest supplier of gaskets etc .... what i'll need and what can i change whilst I'm doing one I may do some more work in there ? Any help would be great

im thinking crankshaft or cam seal looking at the way the oil is dripping on the exhaust guard and travelling down the tube to the rear drivers side .... ( this is just speculation until i can get further in )

any help guys ? or experience with the elusive oil leaks

I am based in the UK

2. yoda

yoda New Member

Right after further investigation ..... jet washing the whole engine area and using de greaser and brake cleaner to clear the oil , we have found the rocker gasket is def leaking in the bottom right rear corner so one has been ordered ..... when i took the dipstick tube out, the o ring on the end was flat and brittle and just broke away. The dipstick tube was covered in oil. So replaced with the right size O ring and refitted and cannot see any oil leaking anywhere after running for an hour.... So after this rocker gasket is fitted i think ( hope ) I may have solved it. Managed to find the coolant leak too there is a small split or rip in a coolant pipe that goes up into the panel to a t piece behind the rear cover panel ...... its a fairly long pipe from the engine block and is shaped so if anyone has a part number or needs pics please let me know. thanks n advance

3. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

If you're looking for part numbers, try here.

Dig your way down and you'll get to exploded illustrations with part numbers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  4. yoda

yoda New Member

Thanks for the info Spike !! Really appreciate the help , that site is amazing thanks ! :D

5. yoda

yoda New Member

New rocker cover gasket fitted to sort the weeping oil ( one job done ) ...... but the best find was the o ring for the dipstick tube ..... oil was coming from there and spraying the back tailgate with oil and upon further investigation I found it to be brittle and flat .....replaced it and now no oil leaks !!!!! well pleased