1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water pump on 91 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by DRW, Apr 7, 2008.

1. DRW

DRW Member

Is the water pump on an F6A engine behind the timing belt cover by any chance? The alternator and A/C compressor are driven straight from the crankshaft,the lower radiator hose connection is on the side of the block,or does it even have a water pump?,I see nothing that even looks like a water pump.There are small engine applications that have no water pump that are used in oilfield pumpjack applications.

2. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

I think you will find that is the case. Its an straight forward job to change. Mine doesn't have a/c but i had my w/p out and back in in 2.5 hrs. That was taking my time and paying real close attention to detail.

Good luck!

3. DRW

DRW Member

Please clarify,you think? Did you have to remove the timing belt cover to change your water pump?

4. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Yes. I had to remove the timing belt cover. As well as the timing belt. Be sure to mark camshaft pulley against the engine block. This will make sure the valve timing doesn't get messed up. More importantly, before you start, make sure the time is at TDC on the # 1 Cylinder. Pop the cover (small plug) on the top of the transmission to ensure the flywheel timing mark is at TDC.
    Hope this helps.

5. DRW

DRW Member

Thanks for the clarification and the info.

6. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

I'm only too happy to help. PM me is you have any other specific questions. I have alot or experience replacing water pumps!
    G

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Ive had a 95 DD51T in inventory making noise. At first I thought it was the guts to the cat. con. bounching around, them maybe the guts of the muffler. Then I thought it was piston slap. I listen, checked, and looked on and off for 2 months trying to trouble shoot the noise. Over the holidays I took it to the ranch and ran the snot out of it, 32 miles down the back roads wanting something to happen, blow up, break into, lock up, please someting, show me a sign. Results: its the little, bitty, cute water pump, never saw anything leaking until I opened the envelope on the puppy and made her bleed. Nice little quick fix. So if you start hearing a little raddle and the truck has been running ok dont discount the water pump. I only noticed it leaking (very little at that)after I punished her. Thanks Chad Hite for the water pump.

8. allseasonsports

allseasonsports New Member

how much

how much for a waterpump and where did u get it can the old one be rebuilt mine stated leaking today a 94 model.

9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

85.00 +- any sponsor on first page. + shipping