1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source of replacement washer nozzles

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by charlesshoults, Nov 23, 2014.

1. As the title suggests I'm looking for a source of replacement windshield washer nozzles for a 1993 Suzuki Carry / Mazda Scrum. My passenger-side nozzle works just fine but the driver-side does not work at all. when I activate the switch in the cab the passenger side sprays fluid with enough force that most of it misses the windshield and goes up over the cab. This tells me that the line from the pump to the passenger-side nozzle is fine but the drivers side has a blockage. I've read that the nozzles are removable Byam 90° turn but there is a possibility of breaking it while trying to remove it. I don't want to break it and not have a replacement on hand. Minibrutes lists nozzles for the Honda Acty, but I have found nothing for the other trucks. Is the Honda unit compatible? If not, where else can I find one that would fit the Suzuki? I see many washer nozzles on eBay but it looks like the little short units wouldn't clear the wipers.

I can see where the fluid line connects to the pump but I can't see the fitting itself. How do I remove it without breaking it. The pump reportedly snaps into the reservoir, but how easily does it come off? How do you go about removing the entire reservoir?

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Most of the time the nozzle is just plugged with sediment if one side is working and the other not working. Sometimes you can clean out the dried material with a very fine wire or a welding tip cleaner.

Fred

3. packrat

packrat Member

or you could remove the hose from the output side of the pump or tank, and blow air back through the blocked nozzle, either with a bicycle pump or carefully with compressed air. You can usually redirect the direction of the nozzles with a pin as well