1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cony california camper -street legal in all 50 states !

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by 1969CONY, Nov 25, 2014.

1. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

Got the mini truck home yesterday, she is cleaning up well.
    The camper shell is really clean, and I see that a twin mattress fits perfectly
    So, what I have here is the World's Smallest Camper Truck!

Interesting history, the original owner was California State University and i have all the maintenance records for its entire service life, parked for 35 years now.
    cony01.JPG cony02.JPG cony03.JPG . cony01.JPG cony02.JPG cony03.JPG

The Cony boasts the distinction of being the only Japanese Mini Truck with a free pass to taste the open road in all 50 states. Freedom !
    Because it met all Federal crash standards at the time of its importation, it can go where other minis are forbidden, on public streets.
    I wouldn't take it on an interstate, though.

With such unusual traveling credentials, its only natural that its a camper..:cool:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That's really cool,is it the same size as the kei trucks?The camper makes it look bigger but the front view looks similar.

3. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

It is my belief that this is the Fender Stratocaster of Mini trucks, the original that all other Japanese Mini trucks are patterned after.
    The progenitor of the species, same size as all the others.

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Does it have a 2 stroke engine? Thats pretty cool.

5. 1969CONY

1969CONY New Member

Air cooled four stroke 364cc engine with oil injection, rated at 18 hp.

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

It appears that its in the Nissan family. I found a number of articles on the Cony 360. In your reply above you said its a 4 stroke but my info. says 2 stroke power plant. Having oil injection would dictate that. The first model I believe had a 11hp engine. Interesting to see how they evolved over the yrs.

7. packrat

packrat Member

that is cool

8. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

That is rad! Cant wait to see it in action! What a cool concept! Is it 4x4!