1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 suzuki mini truck help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by v.i-guy, Nov 30, 2014.

1. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

Hi everyone i am new here and new to the mini trucks but have wanted to buy one for awhile. so i just bought my first suzuki mini truck its a 1993 660 5 speed it has a 134 k on it. i live on vancouver island canada there is quite a few of these trucks here. i bought this truck off of a friend it had been sitting for awhile. when i went and had a look at it there's no body damage and the body looks real good it has mags on it and i think there stock. the driver seat has a tear in it not bad just a small one. it hadnt been started in quite awhile so the battery was dead we put jumpers on it i don't think it turned one revolution and it fired right up it purrs. he said that he had insurance on it and it ran out so he parked it in his driveway but went to move it about 4 months later and the clutch seemed different when he pushed the clutch peddle in he said he had to put it in low to move it he said the clutch was slipping he said he thinks the clutch cable is sticking and not releasing the pressure plate. i haven't got it home yet to see what is going on but i am thinking it might need a new clutch so does anyone know where there is a inexspensive place in canada to buy parts and i am going to have to buy tires to.

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

minitruck.ca

3. TAT

TAT New Member

Make sure something just isn't binding. If it was working when parked odds are it be when started again. That being said, i had truck once that was working fine,pushed in the clutch and it just never released. Wound up replacing throw out bearing and pressure plate. Congrats on the new purchase. They are addicting. Try buying a golf cart and a mini truck in the same month. I'm pretty sure in that month I spent quite a bit of money just upgrading stuff. Have fun.