1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck in four wheel drive?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by timmn, Dec 7, 2014.

1. timmn

timmn New Member

i have a 1997 daihatsu hijet 110. switch on dash will turn light on and off also will click two solinoids one up front under seat and one down on tranny. vacuum leak ? any other ideas ? thanks

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Unless 4x4 has been abused I would say vacuum leak. I think we had one Daihatsu over the yrs. that had a switch go bad. 99% of time its a leak somewhere.
    Figure 18 yr. old vacuum lines its time to replace all of them, even on the carb.

3. timmn

timmn New Member

thats what i was thinking also.there is alot of vacuum lines on this. do you know is it all engine vacuum or is there a tank? or separate pump ? thanks

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yes lots of vacuum lines, intake manifold (between carb. and head) is where the vacuum is puledl from.

5. timmn

timmn New Member

thanks for your help it was vacuum.started to replace hoses and checking vacuum with a motorcycle carb syncronizer very low vacuum on that line. found tube in the intake had stuff in it cleaned out had good vacuum works great.hope this may help some one else