1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine races when brake applied

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by rumleyfips, Dec 17, 2014.

1. rumleyfips

rumleyfips New Member

A problem with my 1992 DD51T , F6A , carbureted puzzles me. It it still races when the fan is turned to highstarts and runs fine but when the brakes are applied, the heater fan id turned to high or the lights are switched on, the engine races towards full rpm. I'm OK with the heater at medium and I don't drive much at night, but not being able to use the brakes ( it just goes faster ) makes driving difficult.

If I take the fuse for the brake light out using the brake pedal or turning the lights on makes no difference but .

I think I'll look for a bad wire from the brake switch back to the lights.

Does anyone have any advice.

John

2. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

Did anything fix this? I recently had the same problem after cleaning out my carb coolant lines. Now when the heater fan is on the engine races up.
    Thanks
    max

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Sound like you are both cross-feeding to a Idle-up solenoid on the carb. Check to see if you even have such an item on your particular rigs and see if there is juice being fed to it in these instances. Very probable that there are wires contacting each other somewhere in the loom.

Fred

4. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

Funny thing here. Just like usual its always something simple. My carb must have just been clogged enough to allow me to tune it to its clogged conditions and run daily like that for the last year. Adjusting the idle up screw on he back of the carb and just seating the screw on the front of the carb so she idles at 1000 and bumps up to 1500rpm when the lights and or heater are on. Always amazed how awesome this 93 carry is. Once I have time to get into something it's always turns out better than i thought!!!