1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street legal in Texas

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by satex, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satex

satex New Member

I have heard of a few people in Texas making these things street legal. What is the proceedure to getting these things licensed for the street. I understand it is a lot of red tape. But where do you start?

2. DRW

DRW Member

I have been told that the mini-trucks cannot be registered,this comes straight from the DPS.The person I talked to knew exactly what I was asking about and even had pictures of all the various makes and models for reference.

3. satex

satex New Member

I test drove one in Devine that had a tx license plate and stickers on it.

4. dwink

dwink Member

A few people were successful in registering them, but the state of Texas has gotten smart to this and is trying to stop any type of registeration. This thread is liable to start some sh$$. PM me and we can discuss further. We all know how much safer it is to be driving a Harley or a moped versus a mini truck on public roads. Almost forgot those golf carts and mules that they register for public streets are soooo much safer than these minis as well.

5. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

6. DRW

DRW Member

Just posting what I was told, I do not doubt you in the least,county to county and law enforcement interpretations can differ greatly.

7. dwink

dwink Member

I am sorry for the violation!

8. DRW

DRW Member

LOL, I wish I could use my little truck on the street,you could add the gas mileage of my two fullsize trucks together and not get 30.

9. satex

satex New Member

DRW I didn't mean to sound condesending. I just stated this FYI.

Kevin I don't want to break the law. That is why I asked the question. Sorry if i started something.

10. DRW

DRW Member

satex,I did not take it as condesending.

11. Colin

Colin Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.