Click to view all our sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag International Mini-Trucks... new!!!

Question Mag International Mini-Trucks... new!!!

Just found this on the web. http://www.maginternationalinc.com/m...ional_inc_home

The US Airforce just bought $7 million worth according to the press release on their web page. Left hand drive. Anyone see one of these? The Long wheelbase model looks like the Suzuki that is exported to Europe. Prices?

Four Wheel Drive????

Those look a lot like a re-badged Tiger Truck. They are definitely a chinese product - they have offices is Hong Kong. And all appear to be 2 wheel drive.
    Jason

http://www.NorthTexasMiniTrucks.com

Contact me for all your Mini Truck needs in North Texas

I find it hard to believe the Air Force ordered so many of these. Then again, it is the government... little surprises me any more.

These may be a good little truck. I didn't see the prices, but it would have to be *CHEAP* for me to consider a new product from an upstart Chinese/ Hong Kong manufacturer versus a used product from Japan that has been in production for 20+ years.

Honestly, I think they'd have to give me a free one...

Is it simply too expensive for an American manufacturer to build minitrucks here and keep the prices competitive? It seems like there is a market.

-Andy
    2004 GMC Savana Explorer Conversion, 2001 Honda CR-V, 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 w/Brembo's,
    2009 Honda CRF50F, 2005 Kawasaki KLR250 Dual Sport, 2003 Yamaha R6 Racebike

Regarding the Tiger Truck, I called 4 dealers today telling that I am interested in becoming a dealer. The 4 dealers I called were large commercial/Indsutrial distributors or retailers (Cushman, Toyota Lifts) and everyone said that they have had very few warranty claims and all the gasoline vehicles have been bulletproof. They said to survive in the commercial market it has to be a good product or they would not put their name on the line. Each highly recommended the Tiger truck line and that was from the service department, not the sales.

Said parts and accessories are available in 3 days to your dealer door, and trucks are speed limited, but there are go arounds they said for the naughty customer. One said even though it has a 5 speed trans, it only is shiftable through 3rd gear, easy fix he said, but reassured be that the dealer better not play with it or could get big fines and a lawsuit.
    Last edited by buyargo; 04-15-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Can you get them in 4wd?

$30,000 for a toilet seat, $20,000 for a hammer.

Wow weeeee, Mag made it to the Mini Japanese Forums, a Chinese truck in a Japanese atmosphere. Very Nice. If anyone has any theories or assumptions on the MAG product, touch base here, keeping it honest and to the point is what we will do. To dispel any rumors, yes we have a full blown 4x4 Gasoline and electric Truck....it rocks and lots of other accessories.

Does the manufacture of Mag mini trucks also build the Vantage mini truck? Side by side the look exactly the same.

Whats retail on a base model, gas 4x4?

Default TRAX and Horns Responce

A lot of customers assume that the Chiness have this one big huge factory that makes all these vehicles. WRONG, the Chinese have been making the white Truck since the early Eighties.

FYI thier are over 50 vehicle manufactures in China, The Company Mag uses is the 5th biggest vehicle producer. Vantage uses a supplier that is the 3rd Largest I believe, however that specific company specializes in Large Trucks, from 3000lbs all the way up to 10.000lbs movers and has partnerships with many other companies to produce thier vehicles in China for them.

Mags manufacturer builds its own vehicles, all the vehicles are designed in Italy and the assembled in China, they also are a huge Aircraft manufacture, of small jets and Military helicopters, thats why Mag chose to go with them because of the higher standards in quiality.

As for costs on a vehicle, see the website www.maginternationalinc.com
    go to the info tab, and fill out your request , most vehices have an array of options, these need to checked off to your your request.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chickendumpling View Post
    tmag...

Why do these trucks come with 5 speed transmissions when limited to 25mph? Is that a shift for every 5mph and I assume reverse is a given? That would be some low gears! Are there 'suggested options' to allow these trucks to reach there full potential?

Do you have any dealers out in SD? How do these trucks fair out in the salt water tests ... Aberdeen salts the heck out of their roads in the winter?

Thanks,

Norm
    Bored are ya? Just think of it like this. You build a truck from the ground up in a garage full of fancy Chinese tools with only the knowledge of what a truck looks like. Oh wait... Did you do salt water tests?

EEESH chicken dumpling, 25mph ......ok let me explain so that we can see how this market is so nicheee. As you know LSV staus is now very big, but with that you have to own a WMI index number, two years ago, the 25mph issue was huge, if you vehicle was carburated...you were screwed, because you you circumvent the speed limiter, sooooo EFI jumped ontothe screen as you know this was of limiting has helped the marked enormously. I will admit 5 gears and 25 mph.......kinda sucki but ruling are rulings!

Yea, its an interesting ruling, rumour has it that the MSV law is being pushed hard....that should be fun 35mph.....

Default China

Lead paint on toys, bad dog food, tainted toothpaste, poisoned baby formula, bad tires, can't vote, no free press, etc., etc. Thanks USA for the large purchase!