1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sambar specs/ interchange part #'s

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar References' started by Timetripper, May 9, 2008.

1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Factory Head Gasket Part #

OEM Subaru Part # for Head Gasket

Applies to EN07 engine Part # 11044KA211

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Subaru OEM Brake Rotor part #

Subaru OEM Brake Rotor Part # 26311 - TA001/002

Part # applies to KS3/ KS4/ KV3/ KV4 Sambar

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

More Aftermarket Clutch Part #'s

Asco – Aisin Seiki Brand Clutch Replacement part #'s

CF-006 Pressure Plate

DF-009 Disc

Applies to: KS3 (90 / 3 97 / 5, SPC), KS4 (90 / 3 97 / 5, SPC), KV3 (90 / 3 97 / 5, SPC), KV4 (90 / 3 97 / 5, SPC) cargo compatible stripe sandbank. SPC = supercharger

Sorry for bad english = C/P from Asian website:D

4. swampfox

swampfox Member

'91 KS4A Sambar Truck

Anyone know the cross reference for the rear wheel cylinders?

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Possible part # for KS3/ KS4/ KV3/ KV4 wheel cylinder
    Miyaco WC-F169 / RBC025 - should work for both sides
    Unknown OEM part # at this time

6. swampfox

swampfox Member

Brake shoes

Has anyone found a brake shoe crossover?

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

More Part #'s

Valve Cover Gasket

Aftermarket Brand Name: Musashi

Part #: TP9011K, includes the following:

Musashi Part# TPS201 Moulded Valve Cover Gasket
    Note: This part is equal to OEM #
    13294-KA210
    13294-KA100
    13294-KA101
    13294-KA102
    13294-KA103
    13294-KA190
    13294-KA191

Musashi Part# TPS202 [6 O-Rings to seal valve cover bolts]
    Note: This part is equal to OEM #
    8069 11030
    8069 11010

So just to be clear TP9011K = TPS201 + TPS202

Works for: KS3/4, KV3/4, TT1/2, TV1/2, TW1/2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Subaru OEM distributor cap & rotor for KS4 S/C
    Part # 22162KA140 - screw hold down with side plug tower for S/C
    ****This is a different cap than used for N/A models*******
    Note: They also make this cap in a clip hold down - make sure you know
    which style you have.

Subaru OEM points Part # 22186KA030 -points only, no condensor
    Should work for KS3/4, KV3/4 and maybe others
    Point Gap: .010"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Water Pump

Aftermarket Brand Name: Paraut

Paraut Part #: F3-021

Replaces OEM Part #'s:
    21111-KA132
    21111-KA192
    21111-KA290
    21111-KA291

Works For: KS3/4, KV3/4 - EN07 Engine 90.3~98.12

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  8. fuff

fuff New Member

Sambar suspension

Has anyone found a cross reference for front struts and rear shocks for a KS4?

9. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

No but last time I was in Japanoid [Japanoid.com] the parts guy told me they ain't cheap - front struts $$$$

10. waynemex

waynemex New Member

Great post this

Looking at replacing the distributor cap ( clips both sides, no screw fixing)and rotor arm to bottom out a problem, any ideas on part number cross references/ same bits fitted to other models out there?

Thanks

11. David Mulley

David Mulley New Member

I currently have 4 Subarus, I've owned since last July. My partner and I are listing all the little things that need to be done for complete trouble free operation from the start.
    After all we are building an Auto industry.

12. David Mulley

David Mulley New Member

I will post part numbers we match through our local auto supply when gathered.
    Best Regards, Love Subarus

13. mcdill

mcdill New Member

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know if there is a universal split cv boot for a 1996 sambar
    Thanks

14. mattdv

mattdv New Member

Oil filter

'94 KS4 Sambar
    Fram oil filter part number PH6607

15. Michael Moreau

Michael Moreau New Member

1990 KS4 4WD EN07 motor, NON supercharged
    Distributor cap BWD C605P - firing order is different on cap, actual order is 1, 3, 2, 4 and breather is in the 6 o'clock position
    Fuel Filter Wix 33204- remove left rear wheel, its on the front side of the wheel behind the motor. Don't need to remove any bolts, it slides right out. New inlet/outlet on filter is slightly larger than stock, no fuel line retainer clips needed.
    Ignition coil BWD E554P - requires using spade plugs rather than the factory connector
    Ignition coil condenser BWD G124P - requires modifying the keeper bracket
    Ignition coil resistor Napa ICR37
    Direct fit, no trim air filter - Wix 46227
    Front brake rotors - Wearever YH141258 - requires shaving about 1/8" off the diameter for proper fitment
    Oil filter Purolater PL14610, uses 3 liters, or appx 3 quarts

Supercharged EN07Y
    Spark Plugs - NGK BKR6EIX-11 (part number 3764)
    Oil filter Purolater PL14610, uses 3 liters, or appx 3 quarts
    Thermostat (may be the same for EN07 non-SC) Carquest 13758 with Fel-Pro 35292 gasket/o-ring

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  16. J.Bishop

J.Bishop New Member

I have a new clutch disc I'd sell reasonable.

17. Muhammad Ajmal

Muhammad Ajmal New Member

I have subaru sambar. Engine EN07. Its oil dip stick is broken. what is the length of oil dip stick?

18. Michael Moreau

Just sold mine last week, I'll have another late March I can answer you then

19. J.Bishop

J.Bishop New Member

20 3/4 inches inside the tube and 23 inches overall. I tried to post a picture but the file was too big.

20. Muhammad Ajmal

Muhammad Ajmal New Member

Thank You J.Bishop

J.Bishop likes this.
  21. Wyo Keith

Wyo Keith New Member

I just found an after market spark plug set that snaps right in to my 1993 Sambar. They are NAPA Mileage Plus part number 4793. Only $24 at local NAPA store. The computer there says they are for some Nissan.

93Sambar likes this.
  22. 4Nines

4Nines New Member

I'm in need of a front outer CV boot for my 1994 Subaru Sambar KS4. I've tried two different sets of boots off eBay that said they fit the Sambar with no luck. Does any other vehicle outer CV boot cross over? Surely, there is one on the shelf at a local parts store that will work?

23. 4Nines

4Nines New Member

So after trying two different sets of CV boots off eBay that was supposed to fit the Sambar I had to get creative and find a set that actually fit. I searched every CV boot made that met the measurements I took off of my front outer CV and axle and I finally found one that fit. The other good news is that it is listed on Amazon and is only $13!

All Balls 19-5006 Black 19mm x 66mm x 92mm Long CV Boot Kit: https://www.amazon.com/All-Balls-19...e=UTF8&qid=1505859754&sr=1-1&keywords=19-5006

I got it installed, did a short test ride and everything looks good and tight! I will report back if there are any issues after a long-term test.
    IMG_7534.JPG

Toddo likes this.
  24. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

So are you still happy with these? Looks like I am going to need to replace mine.

25. 4Nines

4Nines New Member

I haven't looked under the truck lately since it hasn't given me a reason to look. Everything seems to be working well. I will try and take a peek in the next day or so and report back if there are any issues.

26. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Just replaced my rear wheel cylinders on my 1996 KS4. I used wheel cylinders made for a 1994 Subaru Justy. All of the mounting holes and thread sizes matched. They were about 1/16" longer than the originals but they worked great. My old cylinders were sticking causing the automatic adjusters to set my brakes too tight.

27. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Attached is a PDF with the part numbers of the coolant lines and a few of the vacuum lines I replaced on my 1996 KS4. Thanks to rkrenicki on getting me the initial list and getting me started.

I removed the bed to replace the hoses. Replaced 24 coolant lines, and 15 vacuum lines and 9 fuel lines. Some of the simple straight coolant lines, fuel and vacuum lines are not on the list. You will need several different sizes of heater hose, (5/16”, 1/2,” 3/8”), several different sizes of fuel hose, (3/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/8”) and a couple of sizes of vacuum line, (5/32”, 1/4”). When you look up you own part numbers make sure you look at both the coolant diagram and water pump diagram, to get your part numbers. I also would buy the tee fitting listed for the engine coolant hoses, mine was brittle and broke when I removed the hoses. I've orderd a Gates #24710 hose to replace the filler neck hose but it has not arrived yet. (11/16/18, Hose worked great, had to cut off some from both ends)

It took me two full days to remove the bed and replace all the hoses. The OEM hoses I ordered from Japan ,except for the two bulk and the one Masterpro, and with shipping they were about $300. Along with a few trips to the local auto parts store for bulk hose. (another $50)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    rkrenicki likes this.
  28. Michael Moreau

Bravo. That sounds like an extended migraine!

29. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

I did have a couple of adult beverages at the end of each day.

30. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

MrGoods, Jose M. and Botl01 like this.