1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Boots Honda ACTY 1995

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by truble, May 26, 2008.

1. truble

truble New Member

Is there anybody that knows were to get replacement CV Boots for a 1995 Honda ACTY? I have tried local parts stores with no results, everything I have found, the larger end of the boots are to big. I would like to replace with the OEM parts if possible. Need to replace all 8 Boots. I have taken numbers off original boots. All boots have NTN NOK stamped on them.
    Front Boots
    inner 17-20#BJ71
    outter 17-48#BJ71L

Rear Boots
    inner 17-65#BJ79L
    outter 264-82

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I use the small universal from autozone(cut to size)14.99. Sometimes I have to get it from behind counter. They will ask you what it fits, just tell them to get the small one.Its a solid boot. Dont like the split one. Or take your old boot in and match it up. I just ordered 4 from JC Whittney, going to see how they work. I think they were 10.95 Terry

3. truble

truble New Member

Thanks Terry, I will try AutoZone tomorrow. Let me know if JC Whitteny works out and thank you for the quik response.
    TONY

4. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

Yes local auto parts.. I went to Checker here in Phx, Auto zone also has.. Get unirversal.. They are meant to be cut down.. they step down in size. They worked great for me.. but I had to get a tool also for the clamp.. another $12.00
    Chris..

5. lzpoor

lzpoor Member

If you guys have the original part numbers please post for reference most parts people i have dealt w/ here in the phoenix area wouldn't have a clue where or what to look for if you showed then the part in hand! ask them to get the book for the parts,what's a book???
    I took an ignition coil off a 74 chevy pickup in with points (similar to those used on the mini trucks) and told him i need one of these, his answer was what is that? He couldn't even help me find a universal coil in the hi performance section! If it is not on the computer most of the chain parts guys have no clue!

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Just recieved cv boots from JC Whittney,# zx105515p. It is a solid boot just like the one you will find at the local parts store(sometimes). These boots will work and for 10.99ea. cant go wrong. They are the small, step down,cut off what you dont need. Comes with 2 clamps and grease. 52.95 for 4 ea. that was with shipping.

7. truble

truble New Member

Thanks again Terry, I picked mine up at AutoZone. DORMAN UNI-FIT part no. 614-001, fits joints up to 3 5/8" DIA. $11.99 ea.
    TONY

8. dtaderera

dtaderera New Member

can someone assist me on how to replace a worn out rear rubber boot of Honda Acty 1992 model . I could not go further after removing the brake drum and shoes.

If i can get a step by step instruction may help greatly

9. dtaderera

dtaderera New Member

changing rubber boots

can someone assist me on how to replace a worn out rear rubber boot of Honda Acty 1992 model . I could not go further after removing the brake drum and shoes.

If i can get a step by step instruction may help greatly