1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restrictor Plate

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by jtpc, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jtpc

jtpc Member

With Mini-trucks becoming legal in Oklahoma in November, I need to know how to remove the restrictor plate.
    The new law states it must have top speed of around 55mph, so it frees owners to remove the plates.
    All the dealers around here are scared to even talk about removing it, but say it is not hard.

My truck is on order, so I don't even know what the transmission restrictor plate looks like.
    I'm guessing a hacksaw will do the trick?
    The truck will be a Subaru Sambar.

Any info is appreciated,
    Josh

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

mine didn't come with a restrictor plate, but from the pics i've seen, they are welded to the sheet metal around the shifter, i would recommend using an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

3. Dan

Dan Member

jtpc likes this.
  4. jtpc

jtpc Member

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully it won't be too hard and I can do it myself. We'll see when the truck gets here.

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

Another question--do people usually have to remove the top of the shifter to get the plate off? If so, how does the Subaru's shifter nob come off? I know the 4x4 has a button on the shifter and I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

6. gotcha12

gotcha12 New Member

rmove

do you take the plate of was it hard where did you buy the truck from