1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing seats

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by sooke, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sooke

sooke New Member

Has anybody tried replacing the stock seats yet?

2. glenn

glenn Member

3. Dan

Dan Member

I had been asking the same questions a while ago and opted for the reupholstery for about 20.00 in highdensity foam and a nice marine grade covering. i've been passively looking around and see something in summit catalogs that i might try. I'm thinking about off-road seats but, have to have access to the engine hatches which presents another problem with mounting one piece seats. The confinements of the standard cab really limit the possibilities too. the recline angle of most seats will force me to mount the seats forward more than i like.

4. sooke

sooke New Member

Id like to fit a 3 point harness in there, as well as ensconse myself in fine Italian leather...

5. Subaru

Subaru Member

Racing seats,5 point harness,and gull wing doors:cool:

6. Igzabier

Igzabier New Member

Sambar seats are definitely made for someone shorter than 5'10" as the top is at my shoulder blades.

I have a 1991 legacy wagon that has ok seats, anyone opine if those would work in sambar van for driver?
    I think it will sit too high

7. the pou

the pou Member

I had been looking for buckets seats for my 93 carry, (extended cab) for years, and the best ,seat ,are smart fortwo bucket seat
    You can buy it for 300$a pair, they are the lowest and the narrowest seat around.they are extremely compfertable.
    They are the same from 2005 to 2009 models.i dont know if you have enough room for it in a normal cab,but they
    Will fit better than any after market racing seat .i 'l try to joinj a picture ,i love them. View attachment 13691

8. Igzabier

Igzabier New Member

Thanks, pou. Your attachment didn't work but google still does

9. Igzabier

Igzabier New Member

Hey, I got some Mazda Mx3 seats(thank you Clist free section)

They're much more comfortable, should fit well but but I will lose the cool lie-flat functionality. So I may not end up using them.
    I should post them in the market section?

But they're FREE if anyone wants them.

FREE

10. Igzabier

Igzabier New Member

View attachment 13703 this is the seats from stock photo. Mine are same but less new looking though still good with one seam needing re-sewing