1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Oil Question....yes I did a search

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Luckydog, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Luckydog

Luckydog Member

Okay, about to do my first OIL change, what weight do you guys run in the Sambar, Not SC, and for road use. My little ride is legal in Ontario - so I'll be doing a few of these once I get the hang of it.

Any other info that I should know before I undertake this task?

Thanks

Adam

2. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

5W-30 or 10W-30 should be just fine.

Jeff

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i run 10/30 synthetic since i run it so hard at high rpm on the freeway, it gives better protection... although i wouldn't advise it if you have an oil leak anywhere since it's pretty spendy... :D

4. Griz

Griz Member

My Suzuki manual (English version) says 10w-30 for it's F6A 660cc engine

5. glenn

glenn Member

go to quicklube..10w30..they know everything...except the conversion number for the oil filter, you will have to tell them the first time.....no crappy tire stuff should be fine...driving over the pit for the first time is scary:eek:...you will feel like you will drop off the edge and fall in:p

glenn:D

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

we dont' have quikie lube but we have jiffy lube....

the first time i went there the guy was standing in front of the truck looking at me. i told him "if you're waiting for me to pop the hood i can't"

he looked really frustrated, then i got out and popped up the seats to show him where the engine was :D

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Adam, Check the "Reference" section for my post(s) on Sambar specs.
    Complete info on filter, volume, etc is there.
    Remember the "Search" button is your best friend for these types of enquiries.:D

8. Colin

Colin Member

I use 10w40 Partsmaster - it's bottled by Ashland, essentially the same stuff as the basic white-bottle Valvoline.

9. neller

neller Member

oil weight and road legal !

I realize this reply is dated ... however , this info. may be of some use . The manual I have thumbed through indicates 30 W unigrade spring , summer and fall ( southern Ontario ) switch to 10W30 when thermometer dips below 5 degrees C . On another note ... how were you able to get your little-guy street legal in Ontario ? Now you've got my hopes up !!!

10. Buckwheat363

Buckwheat363 Member

Im in Ontario also and mine is completely street legal. Took some calling around for insurance companies but it can be done. My regular insurance company was fine to insure it until i said it was right hand drive then they backed out. So you might want to "forget" to mention that. But state farm ended up being the winning ticket.