1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake rotors

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by thefuzz783, Aug 4, 2008.

1. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Anyone have any luck locating some aftermarket brake rotors for our Sambars?

2. eeric

eeric Member

i need one too... but they said this is go by measurement or something.... sambar is
    16mm....

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I'm quite sure any of the sponsers can get rotors for the Sambar.
    All you have to do is ask them.

4. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

I'm sure they could too, but I refuse to pay $100 for 1 rotor, when I can get an aftermarket rotor for my personal vehicle for $20. I doubt it's the sponsors inflating the prices, I'm sure it's Japan saying "they can't get em anywhere else, so let's jack the price!".

Just an FYI, I did send an email to Brembo with all the specs of the rotor and they stated they do not have a rotor to fit. Still waiting to hear back from the other manufacturers.

5. Subaru

Subaru Member

Let me do some searching,I found a crossover for a ball joint,maybe rotors will work from same vehicle as well.Helps if you have a good partsman to be patient and let you give him a headache.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

Hey,
    Just following up on this one. Any luck finding a replacement for the front brake rotors? I imagine that something out there uses the same ones, maybe another model of Subaru or other Japanese car?

7. Dan

Dan Member