1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Subaru KS4A truck (not supercharged)

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by swampfox, Aug 22, 2008.

1. swampfox

swampfox Member

I've had off and on tune-up type problems. I just ordered the new Service Manual from Lulu. Maybe that will help; however, has anyone converted the points-type ignition to electronic such as Pertronix or something. That accessory really helped my old 390 Ford engine. What would be a source of the parts for conversion. Also, has anyone been able to cross the coil with a hotter model, or is that possible. I've also asked several times if carburetor rebuild kits are available for its EN07 engine. My engine seems to run very rich (with fuel smoke and hesitation) until it warms up a little.

2. The book has you covered. As far as changing to electronic not worth it unless you use a Mallory Unilite wich I have done a few times. A set of points is cheaper and easy to change. Carb kits are available, once you get your book go to the Carb section to see which model you have. I can get the kits. All the carb settings aleady in the book.
    Cheers,
    Don

3. Lanceh21

Lanceh21 New Member

Do you have a part number for the Mallory electronic ignition? Thanks
    Lance