1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got mine

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Bran Bran, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Bran Bran

Bran Bran New Member

I just bougth a 1995 HI JET and I needed to know how to get a number to cross reference the air filter and oil filter? Also how much oil does it hold?

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

mine uses 2.6L of oil, and i would probably use the serial number, i think it's under the driver's seat in the engine compartment, at least that's where mine is.

3. Bran Bran

Bran Bran New Member

What weight oil do you use?

4. Mighty Milt

mobile 1 10w30

5. Bran Bran

Bran Bran New Member

Also what size lift is not to much for my truck? and what size and kind of tires would not be to much? Oh I use it for hunting,fishing,and some on road use.

6. Mighty Milt

at the top of the page there is a blue banner and it has a search tab, you will find aswers to most of your questions there about the lift and tires.

7. John Thelen

John Thelen New Member

New owner

I just bought a 97 Hijet and am learning more about it every day. Has been a fun ride so far but I have a couple of questions.
    Where is the tank for the windshield washer? I must be blind because I can't find it!
    Also, what is a good option for better tires and wheels for highway use? I commute 25 miles to work so it gets quite a little highway time at 60 mph.
    Thanks, John Thelen

8. Mighty Milt

john,

i think the windshield washer tank is under the drivers seat?

9. John Thelen

John Thelen New Member

Does anyone have a source for timing info on my 97 Hijet? DOHC.