1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor Cap

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Sowsticker, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Sowsticker

Sowsticker New Member

I have a 1995 Suzuki Carry. Does anyone have part numbers for distributor cap and rotor from local parts house?

2. Titan Mini Trucks

Titan Mini Trucks New Member

Maybe a Borg Warner part number C263. It's a 3 Cylinder Suzuki, non turbo cap for a 1000 cc engine is what the book said. My parts store ordered one for me the other day, but my problem ended up being spark plugs. I didn't have my old one with me to compare, but it looked correct, or very close. Not sure it will work, but it may be worth a try.

Jeff.

3. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

cap

i've been running Metro's since 1989 and have seen 4 different caps used. if you can post a pic of yours , may be able to match it . i have a bunch off junked Metros if i have one i'll mail it to you .
    larry

4. chadhite

chadhite Member

Under your cap should be the #T320 for your Suzuki. If that is the number I have not found a domestic cross referance and I have bought and returned several caps. Metro caps are closer to Daihatsu caps but will not work, the off sets of the screws are just a little differant. Your suzuki cap should have two screw holes to mount to the distributor, the cross referance above are clip on caps.

I have not tried a NAPA # EP880 FOR A SUBARU JUSTY OR A EP791. Both are 3 cylinder caps but I do not think they will replace your suzuki cap.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  5. Sowsticker

Sowsticker New Member

Thanks guys, I broke down and bought a Suzuki factory replacement cap and rotor from the place I bought the truck, $85 bucks. That was after I looked through all the parts books at the auto parts. There are only a few 3 cylinder caps made but none that will work, some are close but have the clips instead of screws or they are to tall.

6. nick

nick Member

sowsticker where did you end up getting the cap, i may need one too
    Nick

7. chadhite

chadhite Member

8. Sowsticker

Sowsticker New Member

I got the cap from TexasMiniTrucks.Com in Crosby, Texas.

9. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

My 1992 Suzuki had a Mitsubishi part # so I went to Mitsubishi dealer. He punched it in and it was a good #. So I ordered it 40$ for cap and rotor.

10. slimbad

slimbad Member

Little Foot, Welcome to the forum (I see you joined this month). NAFTA, SOFA, Geneva convention as well as other "Agreements" are still recognized in this hemisphere. Or is this another one of those "Canucky Conspiracies" to withhold info from the Southerners??:sly:

In other words if you posted the part numbers/cross ref #'s it might benefit someone else on the forum.:D

Anyway, glad you got your cap and rotor (at a decent price too)............later, slim

11. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

1992 Suzuki Carry Distributor Cap

Touchy! touchy! You need to come up here and cool down LOL. Sorry buddy didn't have the numbers on hand at the time. But just for you here is what I have. Old cap number Mitsubishi T31771 replaced by new number T232T ( only difference I can tell is new one has pan philips screws instead of hex philips screws). Old rotor Number T189 which is still a good number.

Attached Files:

• Cap.JPG
      Cap.JPG
      File size:
      185 KB
      Views:
  12. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

yes the Mitsubishi and Suzuki caps are the same except where #1 wire goes. We have them much cheaper then the $80.00 someone else spent sorry you paid that much buddy.

13. slimbad

slimbad Member

Little Foot,

Thanks for posting the #'s. As for as the "come up here and cool down" Thanks for the invite - however I checked the weather forecast for Moncton, NB: -11C(12F) with a low of -17C(1F):eek: To me that's not cool or even cold. That's more like a cryogenic experiment gone bad.:D

Thanks again and.........later, slim

14. sergio

sergio New Member

parts number

can you tell me the parts number for the cap and the rotor i have a suzuki carry 92 DD51T thanks

15. Alaskasbear

Alaskasbear New Member

You have lots of parts but your shipping leaves alot to be desired. 42 bucks for tuneup. Kit but 60 bucks to ship it..whats wrong with using usps.?

16. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Something to watch out for........When I replaced my cap I wanted to make 100 percent sure the two were the same. Turns out that of the 3 caps I have.......no two have the plug wires in the same location on the cap. Meaning that they are all tuned at different spots. If I say that one wire goes at the 12 o'clock location and the next at 5 and so on........The next cap would be 1 o'clock and 6........This is in relation to the mounting screws. The different caps actually changed my timing by 3 to 7 deg depending on which cap I used first and last. I got the caps from 3 different distributors. I needed one now!! And just ordered from all over in hopes that I'd get one quick enough. So........just make sure to check your caps and timing when swapping them

17. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yes the shipping is a scam most of the time. I ordered a carb, kit sometime ago and the shipping was 14.00. Whats a carb. kit wt. ? 1oz. maybe 1 1/2oz.
    HELLO, if it had been dropped in a envelope it would have cost .49 cents to send or a couple of dollars for a very small box.
    Its not convenient for parts dealers to take the time and go to the post office, I understand, but on the other side it pisses a lot of customers off when they have pay the high shipping cost. But if they parts dealers waited till the end of day to send multiple parts off through the post office would make sense plus make a lot of customers more likely to order parts from certain parts dealer again.
    I have ordered parts straight from Japan lately and its taken four days for actual shipping. The good thing about Japan is they will have parts in stock most of the time. Sometimes I spend hrs. a day trying to hunt down a part and calling everybody in the states. Sometimes it turns into a day long venture, Very frustrating. From now on I call maybe one or two here in the states and if they dont have I email Japan. By the time you order from Japan and pay the shipping the cost is about equal as if you ordered here in the states and paid their shipping.

18. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Each customer chooses their shipping with us. We offer UPS, Fed Ex, US Mail. If you want to put a $45 part into an envelope in hopes that you cannot track it and it will make it to your door then we will do that (we will not be responsible if it gets lost since USPS is very unreliable if problems do happen).