1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of the elusive Autozam

Discussion in 'Autozam' started by Timetripper, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

This was being sold as a Mazda Scrum so I downloaded the pictures and was looking at
    them and noticed it was actually a Autozam not a Scrum.

And since the Autozam section is the leanest forum [1 thread] on minitrucktalk
    here are some pictures of the elusive critter.
    And a 100% increase in the thread count. :pop:

Attached Files:

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Way to go! Hey, who wouldn't want to drive around in a truck that says "Autozam"?

Sort of like the old Batman cartoons. "Pow!" "Bam!" "Autozam!" :D

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I was kindo thinking about redoing the grill to say ..... "Shazam!" after the old cartoon charactor.

4. jtpc

jtpc Member

:D sounds tempting, but I just don't think I could pull off the 'shazam'.

5. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Scrum is written the side doors.

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Let me clarify.

AutoZam is a Scrum. Mazda is a Scrum, Mazda is Autozam.

No differentiation. There really shouldnt be 2 separate forums. Not that its a big deal though.

The Autozam designation is seen on the front of the 91 and down DB51T style units. On the 92 and up units, you do not see the Autozam designation. Instead, there is an oddball emblem that I guess is autozam. We have had several Mazda / Scrum / Autozam units. The freezer van on our site is an "autozam" style. You can clearly see SCRUM on the doors.

I will see if I have a pic of one of the other ones with the goofy front badge.

That being said, anyone wanna pay me way too much money for an Autozam filler plate? Lol.

7. maglight

maglight Member

My 90 Suzuki Carry looks identical to that truck except in the black on the center of the grill it says SUZUKI. I have carry 660cc stickers on both doors and an AutoZam sticker on the back bumper.

8. Colonel1

Colonel1 New Member

Hmm! I guess I have an AutoZam then. When I bought it, it was advertised as a Suzuki mini truck, I thought it was a Carry, then I saw the Scrum sticker, so I thought it was a Mazda made by Suzuki, then I saw the AutoZam stickers on the window and the front and thought nothing of it until I saw the AutoZam section here on the forum list. Now I'm even more confused than ever before...lol!

9. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

As I said earlier..... It's all the same.

It is made by Suzuki and rebadged.

Just call it a Suzuki Carry when it comes to parts and you will be fine.

10. BubbaScrum

BubbaScrum New Member

I recently purchased a 1994 Autozam Scrum, same as a Suzuki carry just rebadged. I have the owners manual in glove box as well. Says autozam scrum on it. My truck label states it as a Dk51t and I have ordered all DD51T (Suzuki carry) parts and they have all been the right parts

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  11. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Mine was originally registered in Japan as a 2002 Mazda Scrum, is now registered in the Philippines as a 2014 Suzuki CarryVan. The ID plate under the seat shows Suzuki so it was merely rebadged as a Mazda(still has the Mazda emblem on front). Seems as if there was a lot of cross-breeding back in the day.

Fred

12. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Lots of cross badging. The Carry was also sold in Taiwan as a Ford Pronto

13. GatorTaker

GatorTaker New Member

Hey all. Just got a 1993 Autozam Scrum mini truck. 1993_Autozam_Scrum.JPG