Click to view all our sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kia Left Hand Drive Mini Truck Spotted

Default Kia Left Hand Drive Mini Truck Spotted

I was making a delivery to the local navy base today and I spotted a mini truck while I was hanging around to unload. I was able to snap a few pictures. It had KIA imprinted on the steering wheel.

Here's one more pic:

Last edited by Allagash; 09-27-2007 at 12:36 PM.

my buddy saw one in Winnipeg too. said it looked showroom cond.

Diamondback Mfg. Guest

That's an old Metro Motors Micro Truck. I built ALOT of accessories for those trucks back in 2000. They have a short bed and a long bed. I still have all the prints for them. I believe those are Chinese trucks. That one in the pictures has a rear bumper from a company called Gator Ramp, they've long been gone though.

The facilities guy told me the truck used to be his to drive around the base but it needs a new carb and a replacement was $1,000 so now it just sits there. He did say that he liked it alot better than the Kawasaki Mules they drive now. The mules run like crap he said.

Man, i love a thread that has pics! It sure beats a good story, when its a good story WITH pics!!!
    Nice photo, thanks for posting.
    Well, thats one of the few RHD mini-trucks on the market. Is the one pictured the "short bed" or the "long bed" version you speak of Diamondback Mfg???
    What year do we guess that one is?
    -mark

Diamondback Mfg. Guest

It appears to be a long bed. I would guess the year to be somewhere in the late 90's to early 00's...Hard to say for sure.

The facilities guy said it was about 7 years old....

The speed limiter seems a little different to the one`s we put on our trucks.
    Maybe it`s a new version for the Navy

Hey I just bought one of these here in PA..where can I get parts for it or even a service manual. Let me know asap..I would like to be able to hook the carb up right..need a diagram about where the vacuum lines go..whoever worked on this thing hooked things up wrong..HELP Thanks. email me at wolocom@netzero.net if anyone has any advise. thanks

Default left hand drive!!!

i have a 99 kia and its left hand i'm from the winnipeg area anyone know if someone could get more????

Quote Originally Posted by landscaper View Post
    i have a 99 kia and its left hand i'm from the winnipeg area anyone know if someone could get more????
    Where did you get it from?

i got it from a fellow in portage but he just had the one are the kia's usually left hand?

Well, i'm not really to sure. I do know that its hard to get anything newer than 15 years old, so for you to have a 99 means you probably have EFI and such, what no one else has. It being LHD, it probably came from the States and that is why you can have a 99. I'm really curious how that came across the border. Is it limited to 25mp/h? Can you license it for the road?
    You should see if you can find out more where it came from? Perhaps run a carfax on it. It should show where it was first registered and such.

the kia actually runs on propane, and its fully registered and legal we use it as a work vehicle and it goes over 100km/h or 62mph ish then i have a diatsu hi-jet aswell its the 4x4 and gas but its max speed is around 70 km/h and its right hand drive like all the other ones i found, i will look in to the car fax sounds interesting thanks