I now have both clutch cable dis-assembled and re-assembled and sure enough there was quite a bit of water in the cable casing. With this one though I didn't have to remove the cable from the truck. When I took the cable off the peddle and fed it through the floor the water literally ran out of the casing. I let it drip for an hour or so and sprayed brake cleaner into the casing and let it drip out as well. A couple of beer were needed for the waiting process (a lot like watching paint dry). I then wired the casing to the bumper and worked 3 in 1 oil into the casing. I'm happy to say that it's working fine. I took it for a test drive and the problem seems to be solved. It's -15c here so if they were going to freeze I'm sure they would have today. Thanks for all the imput and I hope my info is helpful to the next person in the same predicament.
good piece of advice to all the other fellows in the sub arctic climates... thanx!
Stone Soup Metal Works - Personalized Welding & Fabrication Services
See my work HERE