1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korean Mini trucks

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by doraville, Dec 31, 2008.

1. doraville

doraville New Member

I wonder why we don't see any of the Korean mini trucks in North America? Hyundai, Kia, and Daewoo all makes vehicles in this class but I have yet to see one for sale (new or used) in North America.

Also, I stumbled across this Suzuki Vietnam site. It looks like they still make the1990's "classic" style Carry for the Vietnam market. These are my favorite trucks (I don't care for the body style of the new ones).

Peace,
    -Doraville

2. andy_george

andy_george Member

On a side note, I see the 2008 Suzuki Carry is now called the Suzuki Super Stalker. Wonder why?

-Andy

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Maybe Suzuki is planning something .......
    You know, sneak up on unsupecting Sambars and wham!! No more Sambar :D :D :D

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh!!!! It's the Suzuki Ninja!

Nice tip on the Viet Nam site. That's pretty cool!

5. Meesho

Meesho Member

It's funny how that 2008 is still the early 90's DB51T body style.... classic!!

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

...and it's got a 1 liter engine! :D

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

But no more HP or torque than 3cyl engine.
    BTW that engine was used in the SJ40 & SJ410 models.

8. Meesho

Meesho Member

I wonder what the max over bore is on the 660cc block???

9. Ran440

Ran440 Member

I see that Vietnam Carry is Euro II emissions. Wonder if that would pass our EPA emissions? I too like the classic look. Almost looks like they have taller tires on it. Sweet little truck.
    Randy

Still hoping for street legal minis.

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, I dont know why they arent going to the USA, but I will tell you why they arent coming to Canada.

In Canada the trucks have to be 15 years old. In Korea, 15 year old vehicles are in very bad shape. The Japanese trucks can be found in better condition, it just isnt worth it to import from Korea. (Been there, checked that out)

Japan is unique in the way that used vehicles depreciate quickly even in excellent condition. You really dont find this scenario anywhere else. This is 1 reason why Japan = yes and other countries = no.