1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S/C Sambar EN07 Aftermarket Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Timetripper, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I have now found a filter I can confirm works well for the S/C EN07 Sambar.

It is the NAPA FIL 3882 c/w bracket [needs to be adapted] or FIL 3597 w/o bracket.

The application for this filter orginally was for a Suzuki Gran Vitara 99~05.

See attached .pdfs of the NAPA parts.

Attached Files:

caliberbob1 and Lazorswardz like this.
  2. Mack Mc

Mack Mc New Member

I take it that filter is only for the S/C EN07 ?

3. Andrew.r.w

Andrew.r.w Member

The filter for a carbureted EN07 is much simpler, cheaper affair (NAPA Part# 3204). The trick is, the OE filter has a 7mm in/out tube size and the smallest I could find locally was 8mm. Taking off the old fuel filter was easy. It snaps into a springy clip near the back of the gas tank, and the hoses are spring-clipped as well, so a pair of needle-nosed pliers is all you need to remove it.

Putting the larger in/out sized filter on was not really a problem when it was warm out, as the rubber gas line did stretch over the larger tube with a bit of force, however it may not work too well going back to the smaller one.

The other thing about the filter I got from NAPA (see it at http://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/wix-fuel-filters/33204.html) it has a smaller body and I decided to throw a tie-wrap around it in the spring clip for security.

4. gmillioni

gmillioni New Member

i have used any typical auto gas in-line filter bought from auto zone or o'riellys. they are all about the same and way less expensive then the subaru branded filter. used a hose tie to keep it in place no big deal been on there for over a year without problems

5. kaibm

kaibm New Member

For anyone finding this as a Google/Bing/whatever top result, the best fitting fuel filter (US market) is the NAPA 3203 / WIX 33203 (7mm inlet, 7mm outlet, 82-83 Honda Civic.) It clips in to the factory Sambar EN07C carbureted fuel filter spot fairly well (I would recommend a zip tie for security) and has the same hose inlet/outlet size as the original, so it slips in easy.

Drain likes this.
  6. NACHONAILS

NACHONAILS New Member

Will this filter work for a 1995 Sambar Dias Classic?

7. udidwht

udidwht Member

SC...Supercharged?

8. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

It depends on when it was made in 1995.. if it is early 1995 with a carbureted engine, then it will not. If it is a later 1995 with an EFI engine, then it will.