1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda HA7 Fuel Pump Pressure

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by blackbelt5, Feb 2, 2009.

1. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Does anyone know what the fuel pressure should run on this engine I tested it at idle speed, it reads 45 pounds but drops under acceleration to 35 pounds. Lost power under load all so tested the Regulator by shuting off by pass test ok Thanks

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

The 45 PSI to start is right on the money, not sure about the drop to 35 PSI under accleration.
    Has the fuel filter been changed lately?
    It could also be that the fuel pump is not putting out enough volume which would account for the drop under load.

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Just found out there was a recall on the fuel pump on the HA7's issued in Sept 05/08

See it here

Don't know if that applies to your truck or if it is part of your problem just putting it out there :pop:

Further research on the recall indicates that the casting for the pump was wrong and the pump starts to chew itself to pieces
    There should be a sticker on the drivers door jamb [?] with #2177 on it if the pump has been changed.
    If your truck has been in NA for a while [before the recall date] then a pump going south could be the problem.
    Not sure how you would go about getting a pump under the recall though.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Timetripper thanks again i pulled the pump to replace it. I think that's my problem You are a lot of help. Thanks Again

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

No Problem for the info.
    I was thinking that you should also be doing a fuel filter if it wasn't already on your "to do" list because
    if the pump was chewing it self to peices those would be in the filter right now and you don't want to risk them
    going thru into the EFI system.
    Just a thought.

6. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Timetripper i went and replaced the sock filter and pump. It improved the power but i think i still may have a bad injector. The power comes and goes. I ohm the injectors and they checked 13- 14 -14 So i thought they was good.I will do a spray test next. Thanks

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Unless I missunderstood you, I think there should also be a inline filter as well as the sock that fits on the intake to the pump.

8. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

No in line filter just the sock filter. Come out of tank goes to regulator then to fuel rail then injectors.I have chased it out. No return line to tank goes to air intake. Thanks

9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Just for conversation sake, I had a 97 Suzuki with a turbo. Fuel tank got two holes knocked in it somewhere between Houston and Japan. Got a new tank and while trouble shooting fuel system found a additional screen filter in side, the intake side, of electric fuel pump. It was 1/3 stopped up. Cleaned it and installed new inline filter between elec. pump and tank. Truck ran fine after that, then found the turbo locked up. Wholesaled truck to another dealer that could find a turbo.

10. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

[​IMG]

Timetripper,
    This is what I found that was bad. The fuel injector was stopped up, so where can I find another one...any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

11. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

sorry here is the pic

Attached Files:

12. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Don't have any info at this point beyond trying the sponsors for injectors.
    Here is a site I found that shows you how to "size" injectors for your engine.
    I just thought it was interesting info - here

13. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

This might be another option here

14. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

Thanks Timetripper i will give Cleaning a try. Thanks

15. blackbelt5

blackbelt5 New Member

information

If any one runs in to this. Here is a replaced for the honda injectors O.E.M #06164-PCA-000 1999-01 honda CR-V 2.0L Hope this helps someone.

16. bigbuckhunter95

bigbuckhunter95 New Member

hello- did you get your problem figured out with this? i have a 2002 Honda acty that i just bought and it starts hard... will idle pretty smooth but will bog when i give it pedal. i cant find anywhere on the fuel rail to check pressure... changed the in-line filter already. i sprayed seafoam into the throttle body from the air intake and it helped for a few minutes but then would bog out again. anyone have any ideas? thanks

17. SlinkyMcMasters

SlinkyMcMasters New Member

Great info guys! Could either of you possibly point me in a direction of what pump/filter I might need to buy? I think I'm having the same problem...

18. shogun

shogun Active Member

Can you remove the pump and check the original part number? As far as I remember you have a HA7, here are some pumps, but I assume they will not fit the HA7
    http://yokohamamotors.net/store/page22.html
    or contact one of the forum sponsors with your VIN, they will tell you the number and price.

19. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

He's a little slow to answer sometimes but Don @
    Yokahoma Motors will get u the right parts.
    Send him all infomation on your Truck ID plate.
    Not long ago I ordered a Honda carb. From him and it only took about 5 days from
    Japan to Texas.

20. Chris Linetty

Chris Linetty New Member

Blackbelt5, What year and engine is your truck? I think I may need injectors as well as my truck is doing that same as your was. I bought it non running and it needed a fuel pump. The tank was a rusty mess. I cleaned it out and installed a new pump and she fired right up, but loses power on inclines severely. I can't help but think the injectors are plugged up do to all the crap in the tank. I'm ran some injector cleaner through it, but that didn't do anything. I see the injector you posted is $157 a piece on amazon. That's an expensive "I hope this works".

21. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Dude ain't been around for six years...

If you suspect fouled injectors a better solution might be to pull 'em and take 'em in for service, be a lot less than one-fiddy a hole.

22. J C

J C New Member

Hi, do you have a number for that injector
    Thanks

23. shogun

shogun Active Member