1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar VW Combi Bodykit

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by eeric, Apr 6, 2009.

1. eeric

eeric Member

Hey.... what do you guys think about the VW convertion? one of my friend trying to sell me one complete set for about $700....

2. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

I don't yet have a Sambar and would really love a converted one.
    I have some concern about the cooling though..... No inlet on its front nose unlike the original body panels for the front radiator.
    Does your friend have an answer to that?
    :) Franck

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i think they look really cool... i an old aircooled VW fan.... but don't know how well they hold up compared to the stock sheet metal or, like mentioned above, how well they cool the motor without vents... i know that question has come up in the past as well, but also with as many as i have seen converted it's like no problem.

4. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

I still drive two aicooled vehicles (Citroen 2cv and VW type 2) and somehow on hot summer day here in Quebec, the temperature gauges rise way higher that than then used to in Europe (UK and France). Never really understood why but that kind of explain my concern about the VW converted Sambar and my preference for the 'classic' one made by Subaru (with a proper grill). I still have to find out wether I can buy somewhere the panels seperately as I very much doubt I'll ever find a good Dias 2 with the Classic look.... Most come with a blind window and lower end specs.

5. ukmicro

ukmicro Member

The front panel is mounted infront of the original metal one.which
    Mine has 2 small vents at the bottom of the front which helps the airflow.
    The only problems I have found is the ground clearance is compromised.
    Took it to work today and had trouble with the entrance over the dropped kerb.Caught the front bumper.
    If I could sort out the bodywork without the bumpers it would probably be fine.

6. bobnalleweg

bobnalleweg Member

Sambar Radiator

The vent in the front grill is the fresh air intake for the heater/airconditioner. The radiator is just behind the front wheels under the seat and is cooled by the airflow under the car with an electric fan.

7. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

Ha, now it makes more sense! Thanks a lot!
    F.

8. yoda

yoda New Member