1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Point Hitch Kit

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by geoffreyr66, Jun 27, 2009.

1. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone installed a 3 Point Hitch kit on the back of their Mini Truck? I would like to put one on mine to pull some garden implements around our acreage. I would like the ability to lift the implements from inside the cab as the trails I want to run the equipment on would require frequent lifts for bridges and areas not needing "working" with the implements.
    I've seen some kits on the internet for ATVs and UTVs, but I was wondering if anyone out there with a Mini has done their own 3 Point set up?
    Thanks,
    Geo

2. vtg

vtg Member

I've never seen a 3 point hitch on one of these trucks, but I'm certain it could be done. I built an adjustable height hitch for my trail groomer. While it is not a true 3 point hitch, it does allow me to adjust the working height of my towed snow drag. I used an electric actuator that I bought on ebay for about $150.00. It gives me a range of adjustment of about 9" from lowest to highest position. I think my total cost of the hitch including the actuator, all the metal, the switch and fuse holder was probably under $200.00 and it works like a charm. I'm sure something similar, but in a true 3 point hitch arrangement could be built for not a whole bunch more. Here are a couple pics of it.

Attached Files:

3. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

VTG
    Your set-up looks good. I plan to use my mini truck in a similar fashion. To pull trail grooming equipment in the summer on my ski trails. I would like to attach a Landscape (rock) rake for clearing debris and leveling. I would like to use a 3 point hitch as it would allow me to raise the tool off the ground when crossing a bridge, turning around or anytime I don't want the tool on the ground.
    Here is a link to a 3 point frame that would slot into a 2" receiver (if my truck was fitted with one... maybe in a few days it will be).
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...int_Hitch_System&i=412177&merchID=4008&r=view

it looks like a pretty cool set-up.

G

4. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

Were you ever able to pull this off?

5. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

mitsu911,
    sorry, what I meant in my post was that I was getting a 2" receiver mounted on the back of my truck. I had that done and it looks great. I can even get the spare tire out! And, its a bolt on job. The fabricator did a great job and did it for cheap (as far as I'm concerned)!!
    Now I'll have to save up for the 3 point setup and the implements for it!

6. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Yes, I've seen this system. Its very cool. I'm looking into it for my needs. Thanks!