1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing Mark ????

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jgendr, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jgendr

jgendr New Member

Ok I'd like to check and set the timing on my (what I think is DD71).I have read the threads on what the timing should be set at but there is no clear indication on where to look for the timing marks on the balancer? I looked all over on mind but see no tab or marks to shoot with the timing light. If someone could maybe take a pic of theirs to give me a better idea where to look it would be great.

2. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

On my truck you pull the inspection plate off (the one on the bed of the truck), then right where the motor is bolted to the tranny there is a 1" round plastic cap.
    Pop off the plastic cap and tada your timing marks are on top of the flywheel.:)

3. o8k

o8k Member

There is a sticky in this very section on that very thing complete w/ pictures
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=1965

its on the fly wheel so'is its right next to where the cap/rotor are rather than having to have arms that are 10' long. =o

think the photo of the hole is on page 2 post #22

4. Tradin1

Tradin1 New Member

On a 1992 mitsubishi mini, u42t, 3g83 657cc. Where do I find the timing marks to see if timing is set right? I found the rubber plug at the flywheel but cannot find any marks. Im headed back out to take another look. THANKS

5. o8k

o8k Member

if u don't have the engine running it will be chance of the engine stopped in the right spot for U to see it.

6. Brandond

Brandond New Member

Does anyone have a better picture of the timing marks other than what's in the service manual for a 3g83? I wanna make sure I have the oil pump set correct before I start it after the rebuild.