1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't find oil dip stick !

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by ercoupe46, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ercoupe46

ercoupe46 New Member

I have a 1997 Honda Acty and for the life of me I can not locate the oil dip stick.Can anyone help me ?:confused:

2. d rock

d rock Member

on my 1990 its behind the rear left wheel

3. kboomisme

kboomisme New Member

dipstick

On my 93 its right in front of the oil fill tube, right under the drivers seat.

4. The '99 I had was in front of the left rear wheel. Took me a little while to find it as well! :)

Alex Alexander likes this.
  5. ercoupe46

ercoupe46 New Member

Dip stick

Thank you sooooooooo much. It was in the left wheel well forward of the tire.

Alex Alexander likes this.
  6. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

is that a honda acty or something else???

It took me 2 hours to find my dipstick on my acty:frustration:, left rear wheelwell. :D
    -mark

7. kboomisme

kboomisme New Member

Its the Honda Acty but have recently discovered that the guy I bought it off diseved me. He told me it was a 93 but by looking at a lot of pictures, it looks to me its a 87. Anyone know how to tell for sure? Everything is written in Japanese

8. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

If the headlights are square, its a 93, if they are round i believe it will be a 1990 or older. There should be a stamp in the pass footwell that has a vin#, and it will probably read HA2 if it is a 87. Post your vin# if you are unsure, and someone on this site will be able to decode it. Do you have an pics of your truck?
    Peace
    -mark

9. kboomisme

kboomisme New Member

my v.i.n. is M-TC and then under that it says TC-1205821, I also know nothing about the truck as in engine size, c.i.d., ect... Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures of it but it says my file is too big to download and I have no idea how to resize them. Not too smart when it comes to computers. Thanks again, Ted

10. kboomisme

kboomisme New Member

Hopefully these come out.

Attached Files:

11. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Yea, it looks like a 90 and older. You probably have a 550cc motor 3cyl. They came with 660cc after 1990, and went to square headlights for the Honda Actys.
    Someone one here should be able to decode the vin to tell you exactly what year yours is...(hint, hint, go for it guys, someone knows!;))
    -mark

12. getabitlit

getabitlit Member

Hi Kboominme, do you know what kind of lift kit in on you Honda? How does the rear end handle the lift? Any idea where I can get a lift kit for a 91 Acty?

Cheers.

13. scarrabri

scarrabri New Member

Hi i had one like yours and it was 1985 2 cylinder 550 cc and brilliant ,i have 1990 one now with a romahome on the back ,they make a super little motorhome ,and has 3 cylinders and 660 cc,best wishes Brian

14. honda-acty

honda-acty New Member

I have one the same they are a 545cc engine 2 cylinders producing 27.6 bhp with 30 lb ft of torque, pull quite well for what they are, yours is a 1987 model like mine, what mileage is on yours?

15. ercoupe46

ercoupe46 New Member

Mine is really a 1997 model. It has about 67,000 miles on it. My wife drives it to work every day (about 45 miles per trip). She has been getting around 58 miles to the gallon of gas. Best truck I've ever owned.

16. honda-acty

honda-acty New Member

I was ment to include the name 'kboomisme', he was the fella i was refering to mate

17. shogun

shogun Active Member

I have a 1997 Honda Acty Truck HA-3 with now 30 k kilometers (not miles) on the clock, bought it 2 years ago from our company when it had only 12000 km, as it was seldom used.
    The dipstick is left side behind the rear wheel, difficult to find.

18. shogun

shogun Active Member

Honda acty oil change, dip stick location, and fill location.
    All of or trucks come fully serviced with fresh fluids. Recommended oil for Honda Acty is 10w-30 or 5w-30, even 10w-40 in very hot temperatures.
    Oil volume is 2.7 liters

19. DWils

DWils Member

The above-posted video from shogun is accurate for my 1992 Acty van as far as drain plug, filter, and dipstick locations. It only took 2.5L of oil (after a filter change) though and it turned out to be right at halfway on the dipstick. The service manual says 2.5L and 2.7L for oil changes including the filter, so I just dumped 2.5L in first, checked it, and it was fine.

20. shogun

shogun Active Member

https://robrobinette.com/Honda_ACTY.htm
    1989-1997 Honda ACTY Truck & Van Info
    Table of Contents
    Vin Number Location
    Cargo Capacity
    Tire Pressure
    Fuel Tank Capacity
    Jack Points
    Towing
    Engine Oil Change