1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift Kit Installed on Sambar

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Reverendbiker, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Reverendbiker

Reverendbiker New Member

I just got the Crossroads lift kit installed on my 93 Sambar. Quite a job! I did a detailed review and a complete write-up of the installation, complete with pics. See it here:
    http://www.reverendbiker.com/sambar/lift.htm

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I like your web page..nice write up as well...we need some " after" photos:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow! Great post. Thanks! I'm going to stickie it. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. Reverendbiker

Reverendbiker New Member

Thanx, Acerguy--I hope it will be helpful to other owners. Maybe it will keep them from making some of the same mistakes I did ;)

5. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

Thanks for the how too and the link, i just ordered a set. This is a lot easier of a kit to install than other companies out there that need fabing to fit.

Cant wait to get these and follow your write up :)

6. BIZIN

BIZIN New Member

Some of they guys who sell these trucks said not to put a lift on a sambar, said it will take out CV joints all the time. How does yours run?

7. jordankyleatc350x

jordankyleatc350x New Member

Ive had a three inch lift on mine for awhile I had to make limiting straps on the back so the cvs would not pull out and pop but other then that been fine.

8. BIZIN

BIZIN New Member

Think you would still need the straps on a 2 inch lift? What size is the crossroads lift?

9. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

it is a 2" spacer kit

10. jordankyleatc350x

Well im really not sure I was at the point on mine where maybe a inch would of helped but I had already made it and didnt want to do it again. Now with that said after I installed the lift I had to put weight on the rear end springs so I could put the shocks back on and they would of worked as a limiter but I was afraid of them pulling apart with the way I drive it maybe If you took it easy it would be okay.

11. BIZIN

BIZIN New Member

Ya this thing is for moving cows around the farm so it will be driven pretty hard! What size of tires can you fit on it with the 2" lift? 23's?

12. jordankyleatc350x

I have big horn 25/8/12 on it right now I had to trim a little on the bottom of the doors maybe 1/2 inch, and when I put 2000lbs of logs on they rub my fender flap things

Bobacuda likes this.
  13. BIZIN

BIZIN New Member

You've got a 3 inch or a 2?

14. jordankyleatc350x

Ive got a 3inch lift on it now.

15. rwb31

rwb31 Member

any pics of your lifted sambar?

16. Wedge

Wedge Member

Link Is broken.

17. I printed his instructions a couple months ago, if you ask him to put them back up I'm sure he will. Definitely the best instructions I've ever seen for a lift kit install, walks you through it step by step with pics. NOW that being said, even with good instructions it can be a PIA install, some of them go very easy and some you have to fight but either way the end result is very good, the lift kit lifts the truck perfectly

18. rwb31

rwb31 Member

how do we get it back on the forum?

19. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Too bad that he doesn't even have any mention of his truck on his website...not even in the "previous projects" section. :(

rwb31: I'd suggest sending him an email. Must be a contact on his website.

hrc630 likes this.
  20. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Looks like he went to the dark side, with the UTV.

He's got bikes going back decades, but wiped all traces of the truck from the site.

Poppabear0001 likes this.
  21. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I did a back-step on the site. Could be some copyright issues with it, but do what you want with.

Could take up to 5min to load off the server, keep an open connection. Music, whatever.

Installation Here

22. Wedge

Wedge Member

Nice spaner! I canr see the photos but it could just be my tablet ill try on my pc later. Thanks

23. lukaslamrock

lukaslamrock New Member

anybody able to see those pictures?

24. lukaslamrock

lukaslamrock New Member

Found a solution for a lift kit. My friends and I installed a 2" lift kit (between 2-2.5"). For the back we used some 3" wide firehose connectors. Fit right in under the coil spring. And for the front we bought some 5" wide PVC pipe and some grade 8 bolts. Cut the PVC pipe into 2" length and stuck it above the whole front coil spring and strut assembly and bolted the two together. Drove on the highway, hit some hard bumps and seems to be working. Total cost about 35$. I'll post pictures later
    Got about 10" of ground clearance at the lowest spot with regular 21" winter car tires. Front number is 15" from the ground

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    dan360 likes this.
  25. Wedge

Wedge Member

how about camber what does it look like ?

26. lukaslamrock

lukaslamrock New Member

It's got a little positive camber going on. I will try and post pictures later today. Seems to drive fine tho. Gonna expect a bit more wear on the tires tho.

27. lukaslamrock

lukaslamrock New Member

photo 3.JPG
    rear lift (fire hose connector thing

photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    front lift (pvc pipe and bolts)

photo 4.JPG
    hard to see the camber. it isnt too bad. 10" of clearance all the way through

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  28. Wedge

Wedge Member

Oh i totally see the camber you can try to fix that later. Cool way to raise the Sambar !

29. lemeidol

lemeidol New Member

owner

lukaslamrock can you sent me details on how you did it? Your project looks good, im sure you did not encounter any problems after. My email is davej0hnson@yahoo.com

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  30. Mike farrell

Mike farrell New Member

This is a very old thread. I have a Sambar arriving and a. Lift kit is something I would like. Anyone have a source.