Click to view all our sponsors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PROPANE conversion... LPG carburetor bolt on kit...

Very interesting job hmmmmmm yes propane is easy to find in Canada. I live in a town of 3300 people and we have a fill station they are every wheremight be an idea for the subaru.Looks like you even have room to build brackets at each end of the tank to place a spare on each end?My problem is living in the middle of no where it takes me a tank of fuel to drive to calgary and back,but i was under the truck the other day and thought about a second fuel tank on the drivers side it would fit but lose about 2" or3" ground clearance not bad as i do not off road .has anyone tried this?Just one question tho in Canada a propane system must be certified would this be an issue?
    Last edited by confuzed; 04-06-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    91 sambar 83 ford 1 ton deck 88 chev extended cab long box 4x4 dead

Quote Originally Posted by confuzed View Post
    Just one question tho in Canada a propane system must be certified would this be an issue?
    Nope, put the system in, then go to any shop that installs prop. systems and have them give it the once over (almost a vitual guar. that they will want to change something just to make a little money off of you). Once they are happy with the install they will put that lovely little orange sticker on your windshield to make it all legal.

Jon.
    "BANG!!!!!!! Son-of-a.......that's going to leave a mark."- Cris Farley.

'93 Carry Diff/Axel Lock, AC, LD Dump, 4spd, 3" lift with 175/80r13's and 24x8x12's

Quote Originally Posted by confuzed View Post
    Very interesting job hmmmmmm yes propane is easy to find in Canada. I live in a town of 3300 people and we have a fill station they are every wheremight be an idea for the subaru.Looks like you even have room to build brackets at each end of the tank to place a spare on each end?My problem is living in the middle of no where it takes me a tank of fuel to drive to calgary and back,but i was under the truck the other day and thought about a second fuel tank on the drivers side it would fit but lose about 2" or3" ground clearance not bad as i do not off road .has anyone tried this?Just one question tho in Canada a propane system must be certified would this be an issue?
    we use the forklift tanks simply because there are no fill stations... i keep about 10 of these because i use them on my rock crawler w/ a 454 in it... if stations were available, then i would look into a larger more permanent alternative, which im sure is very available in your area...

Will the kit work on a db51t? If so, where do I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by cgasch View Post
    Will the kit work on a db51t? If so, where do I get one?
    a little searching shows that the carbs are the same as the dd51t... PM me and i'll get you one on the way...
    Last edited by draggbody; 04-07-2010 at 08:51 PM.

excellent job..always loved propane vehicles,but I wasn't aware one could be fabbed up for this application..very nice..A daihatsu version would be great as it seems there are no replacements for certain carb parts on the s83,s80....again good job
    “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fupabox View Post
    excellent job..always loved propane vehicles,but I wasn't aware one could be fabbed up for this application..very nice..A daihatsu version would be great as it seems there are no replacements for certain carb parts on the s83,s80....again good job
    i have one of these trucks at the shop... i could build a kit if there were a demand for it...

so i finished my dd51t and couldnt be more pleased w/ the results... perfect acceleration, power and nice low idle... got a couple of kits i need to send out... thanks for the orders guys, you wont be diappointed..

so here is what a kit minus brackets looks like... everything assembled, ready to bolt on, everything needed is included... this customer was going to build brackets for his tank to go under the bed so there is no need for the bulkhead to go through the floor, just a solid hose from the tank to the vaporizer...

Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America, Earth.

in Sask the propane system need inspection every 5 years. if you go to fill up and do not have the silver safety sticker visible they will not fill you. Some get around this with the removable tanks.

also i found the most PITA about propane was finding stations. there is only 2 co-ops in my town with propane. both WHINE to come fill me up every time i came there. Also in Regina not every 24hr station with propane can fill you because they need to have certified people on staff to use the propane station.. so one night i had to hot ball her home 200km on 1/4 tank!
    Last edited by Stuff99; 04-14-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    1992 Toyota Liteace - Mine
    1992 Subaru Sambar - Dad's

What's the CFM cap. of that mixer? Would it be able to feed a 1000cc at 7000rpm?

Jon.
    "BANG!!!!!!! Son-of-a.......that's going to leave a mark."- Cris Farley.

'93 Carry Diff/Axel Lock, AC, LD Dump, 4spd, 3" lift with 175/80r13's and 24x8x12's

Little Dumper, if you are serious about getting a good LPG system together, PM me and I can use some of my resources to get you what you need.

Also, my truck is almost done, so we'll have to go for a little two truck parade around town
    Guess what..."draggbody" needs a hug

Quote Originally Posted by WELDER View Post
    Little Dumper, if you are serious about getting a good LPG system together, PM me and I can use some of my resources to get you what you need.
    wow... i guess impco is junk now days huh??? its the best money can buy... go start your own thread if you want to sell propane kits and GTFO of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dumper View Post
    What's the CFM cap. of that mixer? Would it be able to feed a 1000cc at 7000rpm?

Jon.
    looks like it is more than enough flow based on your numbers...

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Carb_CFM_Calculator.html

impco mixer
    Air Flow Capacity………………...…93 L/s (197 cfm) @ 2.0 in Hg manifold depression
    Horsepower Rating………………. 91.7 kW (123 hp) @ 2.0 in Hg manifold depression

Quote Originally Posted by draggbody View Post
    wow... i guess impco is junk now days huh??? its the best money can buy... go start your own thread if you want to sell propane kits and GTFO of mine...
    Holly hell.

Where in there did I say I want to SELL anything?

I just so happen to know the local shops and local people/co-workers who have a good stock of LP components laying around, which they would gladly sell for cheap if it is for a project.

I figured that helping Little Dumper out, getting him exactly what he wants, quickly and free of shipping hassles would be following the generally positive "Kei-truckin'" mood.

Not everyone is out to make a buck off people who don't know how to build an LP system.

To recap;
    I AM NOT A VENDOR ON THIS SITE AND AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO (UNDER)SELL ANY OF THE VENDORS.

I know that they are few and far between, but everyone needs to remember that there are still decent, helpful people out there. As for Little Dumper, there happens to be one in his town.
    Guess what..."draggbody" needs a hug