1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

info about my Mikuni carb (1981 L100, 2G23 Vulcan 550cc)

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by mikethescud, Jul 14, 2010.

1. mikethescud

mikethescud New Member

Hi All,

I have a 1981 L100 with the 2G23 engine `Vulcan´, 2 cyl 550cc powerhouse. As i understand it the L100 is an export version of the minicab. I bought mine in Chile (i´m now in Brazil after more than 10,000kms of the Los Andes mountains and amazon jungle mud).

My carb is refusing to co-operate and i´m looking for a rebuild kit plus info. But firstly... the carb has NO part number or model number on it. I´ve rebuilt it several times and have scanned every possible surface but found nothing.

Thought i´d try my luck here. Does anyone know anything that could help.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mike

2. mikethescud

mikethescud New Member

hhmmm... ok. i just found some numbers inside hexagonal hole towards the bottom of the float chamber.

its like this 2 7

I´ve tried looking on the net for mikuni info using `5 27´, 257, 527 etc etc but nothing.

Does someone know more about how this arrangement is a model number??!!

thanks.

3. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

Is the L100 also known as a "Jimny" or "Jimmy"? Is it a Suzuki 2-stroke engine?

If so, I may know of someone who has some knowledge of these engines, maybe a contact for parts.

Let me know, maybe I can hook you up with him.

Take care--Chris

4. mikethescud

mikethescud New Member

Thanks Chris.

Some of the little information i can find out about the Mitsubishi L100 is that it shares the same 2 cyl overhead cam engine as the minicab, minica and a couple mazdas from the early 80´s.

The vulcan engine (2G2) precedes the 3G8 three-cylinder series.

Cheers,

Mike

5. hasan

hasan New Member

hi,
    i have mitsubishi minicab 1981 too, i have trouble at central rem, ball joint i think must be change with the new one, but is difficult to find here (indonesia)

6. 3banger

3banger Member

They made a 2cylinder version on the minicab in Taiwan.

You should take a photo and post it up. PM me if you want to email it to me and I'll post it for you.

I think you might want to consider a substitute someday. Something that will do the same job but is more common in your area.

7. hasan

hasan New Member

Thanks you my friends,
    Really, can we substituted with the other

8. mikethescud

mikethescud New Member

Hasan,

In the middle of the amazon one of my front wheel ball joints completely popped off!!! that was quite a situation... eventually we had a temporary solution which was to use a 4 inch bolt with a series of washers insted!!

The closest city didn´t have a replacement. So i took the ball joint to an engineers workshop (torneria), a workshop with welding and lathes etc. Its an easy job to re-fabricate it. I´ve travelled 1500 kms after with no problems.

You can also buy the balljoint from a mitsubishi l200 (used from wreckers if you dont have cash). It has the same dimensions except for the shaft which is about 1mm thicker. so it wont enter properly. but you can take an angle grinder and shave off some metal! This is how i solved the second ball joint that popped off!!

Thanks 3banger, good to know. I would love a 4x4!!

-mike

9. hasan

hasan New Member

Great Mike,
    that is great pas experience, many thanks for the useful input
    rgds,
    hasan

10. hasan

hasan New Member

mitsubishi l100

Dear Mike,
    i'm not hear l200 in indonesia, but l300 was many cars here