1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

street legal

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by canadian1, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadian1

canadian1 Member

i have been importing the mini truck from japan and the philippines starting in my 4th year. all vehicles 25 years old and older do not have to comply with any D.O.T. OR E.P.A. REQUIREMENTS. if you want a street legal mini truck for any state U.S.A. e-mail me at stith@otelco.net. i can furnish 25 year old mini that has been totally refurbished. I PREFER TO SELL BY THE CONTAINER LOAD.

PAUL
    MINI-TRUCKS UNLIMITED,INC.

2. flefitz

flefitz New Member

Good for you guys in Canada,and fun on Minis! In the U.S. Each state makes that determination, wish it was'nt so.L

3. glenn

glenn Member

paul, your name is canadian1?
    mini-trucks unlimited is in louisiana?
    e-mail is "otelco" (US carrier)?
    where is your base of operation?

just wondering........:confused:

4. les@paminitrucks

les@paminitrucks New Member

Hello,

Hello Paul,

Are these mini trucks street legal in PA and do you have a list of any other states? what are the laws for mini trucks newer then 25 years old? Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Les

5. firedog

firedog New Member

I have a 94 Mini Dump and live in Mississippi, we might be last on most things but my mini truck has a tag and title and I can drive it anywhere, I even know police officers that drive theirs to work and sell the trucks, as for as safety have you seen some of the small cars thats on the road, and what about motorcycles. I use my truck in my landscape business even drive it on the interstate. And with the title and tag I go into Alabama and its legal, I wish all you guys were as lucky. Thanks :)

6. rtgw007

rtgw007 New Member

man that would be nice! Here in Ohio my local sheriff and local police could give to boohoos if im on the road with them. They both said "go ahead, were not gonna bother you". State highway a-holes are a totally diff. story. They act like they don't have bigger fish to fry than to pick on folks driving these out on some backroad in the middle of the country. Thing is, most of the time they wouldnt see you out here in the stix but the ohio state policeman are allowed to drive there cruisers home if they are to work the next day, and yes some of them live in the stix where im speaking of. Tell you what really pees me off though. Ive spent hours upon hours trying to get one to use with a smv symbol around my farms. you know, take it from one farm to the other. This would for sure be for farm use but im not gonna load it up on a trailer every day and take it from one farm to the other. Thats just stupid. We have a comissioner here local here that drives one anywhere he dam well pleases and the state police don't ever mess with him. EVER!!! after the osp telling me i couldnt drive one, evan from farm to farm i see him driving it as his daily driver wherever he wants!! makes me sick, and hes evan just using a smv sign. I figured that after a month or so he would get nailed but i spoke with him the other day and he said the ohio state police just wave at him. SURE WISH I WAS A COMISSIONER!!

7. Colin

Colin Member

This thread was created to discuss the legalization of 25 year old trucks - please keep it on topic. ;)

8. leeb

leeb New Member

I've been driving mine to work for a year now, in Georgia mini's are considered an atv. Atvs are legal on Georgia highways as long as all required safety features are there. Besides that in Georgia, if you farm, you have the legal right to drive ANY equipment you use on the farm on the highway. I know somebody will tell me I'm wrong, but I've contacted the Georgia State Patrol Legal Services, Georgia Office of Highway Safety, Georgia DOT, and my local sheriffs office, all told me I was perfectly legal.

9. rtgw007

rtgw007 New Member

Georgia Georgia here i come!!! lol. By the way my the guy that has the mini truck here in Ohio that was driving it where ever he pleased did get pulled over by the state highway patrol yesterday. I heard about it just after it happened. Man is this guy smart! Statey told him he wasnt allowed to have it on the road and he told them to piss off that he had fields to spray before the rain came. Se he put a 65 gallon boom sprayer in the back and he SAIDS that he sprays his smaller fields with it. Pretty much just for the incase situation that he would be pulled over. State trooper went back to his car and called back to the station is what the guy was guessing. Said he was back there for about 10 minutes or so. Trooper came back and said "We don't recomend that you use this truck on the road any more. Gotta remember that the guy with the mini truck is a commissioner and man does he have a smart mouth. He told the trooper that he was using his truck just as he would a tractor and they would be seeing the truck on the road very often. Trooper told him to have a nice day................. Time to go buy a boom sprayer baby!!!:D

10. ineedatrim

ineedatrim New Member

help in mississippi

I want to purshase a mini truck to drive to work. I see that firedog has one and lives in ms. What do you do in order to get tags and inspection stickers to make it legal???? Any help from anyone??????????

11. Colin

Colin Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.