1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Tire Choices

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by hrcollinsjr, Oct 1, 2010.

1. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

I've been searching for awhile and have yet to come up with (in my mind) a clear cut tire choice.

My Sambar Dump needs replacement tire(s): Am I better off changing the wheels so that I can use more readily available ATV tires or stay with something that will fit on the O.E. 12" wheels?

I've found a few A/S & M/S tires but would like something a little more aggressive. I would rather not lift my truck for various reasons, $ and another project of which I have too many now. ;)

Harold

P.S. On a side note, 13" Opel GT wheels will bolt on. :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Kitty

Kitty Member

I love 13" tires because they come for so cheap. ($28 All seasons at my Local tire store and $44 for Winters) I full set is like the price of one !

3. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

Thanks Kitty, I've just about decided that I'm going to have to lift the truck to increase my tire options. Power wise, how much difference was there in going from the stock 12" wheel/tire combo to a 13" wheel w/23" tall tires? I'd rather not have a 'dog' or have to worry with a clutch replacement for awhile. I'm considering 23" tall ATV tires also.

Thanks,

Harold

4. Kitty

Kitty Member

I don't believe it makes much of a difference you'll probably get more plus and negatives. You'll get a nicer, better handling ride, your choices of tire will be bigger and the only downside I know is finding the proper offset 13" wheels and your tach will be off by 2kmph.

5. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

IF I go with ATV tires, I don't need/want anything real aggressive but would like more than a typical DOT M/S tire. I liked the look of the Maxxis Ceros MU07 tire but I'm a little concerned with the load rating. They brag on their load rating but it's for the 15"rim w/26" tall tire. Someone on this list had the same question. IIRC they found it was less than 500 lbs. per tire. Hmm, truck + passenger & driver + 4 sacks of feed = Maxed Out. If the dog hops on, we're screwed. :rolleyes:

Harold