1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Load ratings

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by hrcollinsjr, Oct 13, 2010.

1. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

I've been looking off and on for a few weeks now for a replacement tire for my Subaru Sambar Dump truck. Are my only choices a seller on eBay with OE replacement type M/S tires or ATV tires that are rated for no more than two or three hundred pounds each? I'd like to keep the diameter to ~23" in height.

TIA,

Harold

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

mini truck tires

Harold,

You have several choices with higher load ratings. The wider carlisle all trail and the tru power have a load capacity of over 1100# each tire and are 23" tall.

There are also others.

Regards,

3. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

I just received four 23" Carlisle All Trails and wheels from tirewiz. Mounted and ready to bolt on with caps and lugs. I am installing 250# springs to gain a bit more clearance, as they scrub just a bit at full lock. I'm very pleased with these tires, and the load rating is appropriate for these trucks.

4. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

I had hoped for a tread somewhere in between the two you suggested but .... realistically the All Trail would probably work well for me. I liked the Maxxis Cerros but the rating was too low in the short tire.

Speed rating? Will they be okay at 100K?

Thanks for the quick response. I'm a little closer to a decision that will get my truck going again.

Harold

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

if you are doing 100k/hr you will need DOT or the right speed rated tires to. Carlise tires are not high speed far as i know. guess depends on the tire but that is another factor to look into. I think coastal steve found a guy out in his area that can get the LT tires in. dunno sizes for sure though.

6. dwlb

dwlb Member

All trails give there load rating at 10mph on there web site.

7. hrcollinsjr

hrcollinsjr Member

Yep, that's the part that scares me. The max speed I'll normally go is 30 to 40mph (~50 to 65 kph). My better half fussed at me for going 115kph in it the day after I got it. Maybe she had a reason, since the tire let go a few days later sitting in the yard. :eek:

Harold

8. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol probably made it come apart!