1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calgary owners?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by kevlar, Jan 8, 2008.

1. kevlar

kevlar New Member

are there any calgary owners out there? i would love to have a site in one before i put in my order.... who am i kidding i want one of these no matter what!

i'm looking at the sambar DIAS s/c (4x4 perfered). anyone have any compents about them?

future sambar owner

2. SMURF

SMURF New Member

Just be sure you check every system to see that it is operative. Check the condition of the dist. cap. -the wires - the plugs, filters etc. everything I mean EVERYTHING that is a normal yearly maintenance item should have been replaced that includes ALL fluids too. Get the vehicle inspected BEFORE you buy it but don't rely on the inspection to find everything.
    Good Luck! David (92Sambar 4x4)

3. frostback

frostback Member

I've been running around in a supercharged Sambar truck for the last couple of weeks and it is a blast! There are a few Dias owners on the forum and I'm sure someone will chime in. What kind of driving are you planning to do with the Dias? I've heard a few grumbles about CVT transmissions so might be better to stick with a stick. Mine has a 6 spd with the ultra low first but I usually start in second gear. First gear only seems to carry you about 10 feet then your grabbing second! It's a nice quick tear through second and third gear and on to an indicated 140kmh. Pretty good for a 660cc brick! It's much more fun around town though, zipping through traffic taking the spots no one else can fit.

Derek
    www.bonsaimotors.ca

4. kevlar

kevlar New Member

do you find there is a big difference between the supercharged vs na? i am looking for a manual trans, my wife would not let me get anything else.

do you have any of those in stock?

kevin

5. C3imports

C3imports Member

I have 3 samba's in Prince George 5 spd 4 cyl NA, 1991 models. 2 ready to go with all inspections complete. I send more info if you like.

6. kevlar

kevlar New Member

sure. i would love to get some more details from you. send them on over.

kevlar

7. frostback

frostback Member

My wife prefers a manual as well which means I have to share my toys with her. At least she has no interest in motorcycles. The supercharged is a big jump in power from a regular minitruck. More Grins per mile without question. I have one SC Sambar in stock and another on the way. Let me know if you would like more info about these units. I could source a van for you as well if that would suit your needs better.

Derek

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

And to think I thought that I was married to the only woman on the continent that still prefers manual transmissions to slushboxes! :D Cool!

9. Wings&Wheels

Wings&Wheels New Member

Hi,

I don't have any Subaru's but I do have a variety of mini truck in Calgary. Suzuki, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi...

Ryan,
    www.albertaminitrucks.ca

10. brumas

brumas Member

Can anyone advice me.
    I want to buy a mini truck and I would like to know what kind of documentation the seller needs to supply to me so i can register the mini truck.

What about insurance is there any issue about have a mini truck insured?

Any other issue that is good to pay attention that i didnt mention, please let me know

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

where you from brumas?

12. brumas

brumas Member

I live in Calgary

13. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

I think Samurai Mini Trucks is in Calgary.

14. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

I think all you need is an "Out of province inspection certificate" (if the vehicle has not been registered in Alberta before) and a bill of sale.

Registering it was easy, they didn't really care what vehicle it was (I think mine was already registered as a "dealer" vehicle so it was in the system).

Insurance was a bit more fun, the Japanese "VIN" numbers are much shorter than ours so they don't plug into the insurance forms as well. I think they just added zeroes behind the number I gave them to fill it up.

15. kevlar

kevlar New Member

it's been a while, but i don't think there is anything special, other than the out of province inspection that you need if it's not been registered in alberta yet. insurance was not a problem.

i got my inspection done at centaur subaru in the south. just do a quick inspection of the vehicle yourself before you take it in. they said one of our tail lights was out, but i don't know if it was or not.

kevin