1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing from 4wd to 2 wd woth honda acty

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by broshawn777, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja New Member

if it works anything like honda cars with the real time 4wd system then it is always in 2wd unless it senses slippage in which case the 4wd kicks in. does it work the same way on the mini trucks?

2. Borg

Borg Member

I don't think so.

Pretty sure it always drives the front diff.

3. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Went thru the parts diagrams and found that after chassis #2200001 they stopped putting the disconnect on them.

Angelo likes this.
  4. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

A little help here please. I have been trying to get my Acty into 2 wheel drive for a while now. Removed the retainer bolt completely and have soaked the selector with every penetrating oil known to man for the last 2 months. It won’t budge. Do I need to remove the driveshaft and take the housing apart to see what’s going on?

5. Bert Stevens

Bert Stevens Active Member

I have had my '90 out of 4wd for over a year now, because I'm running 13 on back and 12s on front. when it snows I change it back, and run a matching set of traction tires.

Limestone likes this.
  6. Bert Stevens

Bert Stevens Active Member

I would try lifting a wheel first to take the pressure off the driveline, if there is. other wise yes, take apart.