1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diff drop

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by carry92, Jan 7, 2011.

1. carry92

carry92 Member

Has anyone fabricated a front differential drop ? It looks like front and rear dropping brackets would need to be fabricated.
    Doing this would keep the drive shafts in alignment. :)

2. bushman

bushman New Member

Here's a real easy fix. I have a 4'' lift on same carry, with tatou u4 tracks. whey to much stress on left or short drive axle. Just remove front 5'' bolt on front diff. leave rear brackets the way they are and do not remove. You will notice with very little pressure you can move the front of the diff down to be in line with drive axles. I found that the rule of thumb to be: drop front of the diff 1" for every 1" of lift. The angle at the u joint less than 3 degrees. My 4" fix came from my junk box. I used the 4" spring shackles that I had taken off when I installed the lift kit on the rear.

suzycarry likes this.
  3. gnf39

gnf39 New Member

Do you have any pics for this drop?

4. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Do have to be careful though. When I dropped my diff and front end it pulled everything forward an inch and pulled my front drive line out of the t case a bit. But I dropped the entire front end and not just the diff.

5. upper stewiacke

upper stewiacke New Member

I used your trick and dropped the front of the diff 2 inches using two pieces of scrap metal to make the shackles. one of the cheapest and most efficient mod ever, as I dropped mine 2 inches i actualy observed a slight correction of the the front drive shaft as it is now in perfect straight line with my front diff and no mods to the cross member required as it pushes the drive shaft away from it. . Thanks bushman.
    if i may add my grain of salt, I would suggest to lift kits fabricators to add two front diff shackles to all lift kits sold as they are so easy to make (for the carry dd51t anyways).
    Upper Stewiacke