1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect tire size!!!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by 3000gt, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 3000gt

3000gt New Member

165/60/14 nuff said

2. 3000gt

3000gt New Member

I was able to purchase tires off of ebay. Very reasonable price i might add. I have a 2000 sambar no lift and i purchased some 14 inch mazda miata rims which bolted right on. I must say its a much better ride. This truck is currently my daily driver and the stock 12 were not cutting it. This tire is just slightly bigger than the original and wider as well. My top end is now 70 mph previously it was 79 mph. I am in the process of calculating mpg and i will let you know when i fill up again. If you drive your truck on the highway a lot then i would recommend this size. Any larger and I feel speed and mpg would be compromised.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I agree that's a near perfect tire size for street driving...taller or wider than stock both have drawbacks...if you can compromise with a bit of width and a bit of height you can get a better ride at the expense of only a couple mph at top end...I currently have 175/70/13s on one truck and 155/80/13s on the other...IMO the 155s are better ..the 175s are over 20% wider than stock and therefore have over 20% more rolling resistance...if you need a wide tire than you should keep the overall diameter stock ...if you want a taller tire you need to stay near stock width....165/60/14 sounds like a good compromise...where'd you find them?...any pics

4. 3000gt

3000gt New Member

Ask and you shall receive!!!

where'd you find them? Where else EBAY

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

looks great...they look wider than 165 though..prob the lower profile makes em look wider...nice

6. anthill

anthill Member

Looks good. I like your truck's color scheme - Maroon/Black looks rough, in a good way.

I'm using 165/65/R14s on a Domingo, available in one tire only - Bridgestone Potenza RE92.

Buying tires off ebay sounds sketchy, tho.

7. kris

kris New Member

sambarob, where did you source the 13 inch wheels? sounds like a good choice. kris

8. recharge

recharge New Member

Tires Wobble

Trying to find a tire for my 91 mits that doesnt wobble when driving. Tried beads , but that didnt help. 8-23-12 all terrains on there now and I want to change so I can drive down highway with out rattling my teeth out. Any suggestions?

9. kris

kris New Member

that sounds like just the fix im thinking of. now to find a good sambar.....

10. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

Suggest checking out 14" Dunlop 165X65 all weather tires. $363 for set of four on ebay, free shipping, more information and pics can be found on page one of forum. Very happy with my selection. Note: read reviews/history on tires. Some are not rated well,
    Dunlop all weather is rated highly.

Bosco Rosco

11. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Hmmmm....looks like 13's are the way to go locally if I pick up a Sambar. I'd need to find a 13" rim and then look at something like the 155/70R13 as it looks like the 145R12 are not going to be easy to get locally. Looks like there was a good list of 13" 4x100's on another thread, but can someone tell me about ones that they have actually used?

12. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

Very happy with my 14". Smooth ride at higher speeds and no wobble (you will get with more agressive tread designs)
    Great tire, no problems buying on ebay... fast delivery. Dunop 165X65 are a discontinued tire but have a great reputation. All weather w/ fair agressive tread. Choice is of use ... on road/highway or off road. Good luck