1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/c problem (sorry new here)

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by mikeh1975, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

hi all

ive got a 94 sambar kv3, its all quite good its just i have a problem with my a/c, the pump all looks fine, the little blue a/c button lights up on the dash, but the a/c drive clutch doesnt engage, ive checked the feed to the ends on the top of the a/c pump while the van is running but get no voltage, just need a little help to see if there is a fuse somewhere i may have missed, or if there is a way of working arround the problem

got a little mechanical knowlage but i have to stop at the point where i cant go any more, and my japanese isnt all that good

also sorry if this post is in the wrong bit

many thanks mike

any help would be good

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Your problem is most likely low refrigerant in the system...to protect the compressor there is a pressure switch in the lines that shuts the compressor off when the pressure (refrigerant level) is too low

3. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

ok so here it is ive got a old aircon refill bottle from my old toyota sera, ive checked the level with the guage its in the green, so dont think its that?, there seems to ne now power feeding to the clutch assy on the pump unit, ive put a meter over the pins while the car is running, there is no voltage so i guess thats why the clutch doesnt engage, i wanted to know where the wires go to from the pump to the fuses? just incase it may be a broken wire

please help !!!:frustration:

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Low pressure switch is a very common problem. Find that and jump it out. That should make the pump run for sure... If not then its something electrical.

5. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

is the switch on the pump side or fuse side?

thanks

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Don't know for sure. I would say fuse side. Switch is between the clutch and the fuse.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

found out the problem was broken earth lead to the ac clutch replace with 30 amp cable now got nice cold air again:pop: