1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

found one on craigslist

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by firejonny89, Feb 6, 2011.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Someone needs to hammer down on that puppy.

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

im gonna try my ****est to get a number to call the guy but not much can be done on craiglist email and wait for them to reply i got the green in the bank just waitin on them to call me or something ill go pick it up today if they do and it runs lol

4. miniman

miniman Member

That is extremely cheap:sly:

5. TRAX and HORNS

My first thought is that its a early 90's model with the round head lights, although I have had one or two mid 90's that still had the round lts. If that puppy checks out and runs good you could flip it.
    Feb. 14th is around the corner.
    Box of candy, some flowers, a new dress, shopping spree in New York.
    Yea, right.
    Front and rear bumpers, winch, body lift, extra lights, snow plow hmmmmm.

6. I just checked and I'm pretty sure this is a little to good to be true, I found the same truck for sale in about 7 different states

7. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

mini truck

your right, it's posted all over the country. TGTBT

8. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

sorry i didnt have the time to search other cities but thanks for the info. im on a vol. fire department and had to go for a few thanks for the heads up has anyone heard from badgerland lately im waining on a call back about a mini he has

9. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i did get an email back from the so called seller here is the line of bs or i think is bs have fun and a few good laughs at this.

Hi there,

I am selling this truck because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before February 24. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident. I do have the title, clear under my name.
    This 1994 Suzuki Carry Japanese Mini Truck 4x4 660cc has 63,125 original miles, Serial# DD51T-347977, 50 HP.
    It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $2,600. The truck is in Great Falls, MT in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Sincerely,
    Capt. Kevin Morrison
    [USASOLS] United States Army Special Operations Logistics Squadron

PS: More pics click the link below:
    http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23679717

10. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

please feel free to rip what ever he said apart this could get fun lol

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I always love the free shipping deal....just send me the $ and I'll ship it to you no problem..ha some poor sucker is gonna get burnt

12. TRAX and HORNS

Sometime ago I replied to a add in Ohio about a John Deere Tractor for sale. So I asked the seller for a ser. # and the guy sent me one. I called my buddy that works at a Jonh Deere dealership to run the ser.# and he gave me a phone # of a guy in Amarillo,Tx that bought the tractor new. It was kinda of funny, when I called the Amarillo # and asked about the tractor, that guy said its sitting in my barn the last time I saw it which was this morning.

13. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

Scam???

I also received the same reply from the Captain. I emailed him back for a contact number and an address for the truck as I have a cousin in the area. He will look at it for me, pay cash for it, and take it to his place. When I visit him in 2 months, I'll bring it home.

Hard to believe, but no reply.

dan
    www.woodysminitrucks.com

14. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Not to mention the fact that I know who built up that truck! It was an outfit called Sam's Minitrucks that operated out of someplace in Indiana. Run by a nice guy that I exchanged emails with about some non minitruck business. There are probably still some videos of this very truck on YouTube under either Sam's minitruck or Suzuki carry snow plow etc. I recognize the pictures from his (now defunct) website.

$2600 must be some kind of sweetspot for CL ripoff artists. I've seen everything from late model Hayabusas to 2 year old 700cc big name ATV's with plows going fir about that price.

15. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Lol. ANY OFFER TO SHIP VEHICLES IS FRAUDULENT!!! You'd think crooks would learn, but then again... they probably keep doing it because people are stooooopid.

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

or he would try charging 4000 or so to ship it lol

see if you can call this guys bluff :p

17. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

18. Stuff99

ah ha! ive seen that

19. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i have asked for a number but hes at a arm base he cant take calls! bs . lol oh well it was fun while it lasted lol

20. Dead100die

Dead100die New Member

I'm new here but simple though if he emailed you you have his email address. so you can search him in facebook and if he's using the same email address you can get alot of info about him

21. Stuff99

or even google the email.

22. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

if i remember it was emailed through craigs list but i wrote it off as a scarm and moved on