1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best resource for japanese mini trucks for sale??

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by AGrayson84, Feb 21, 2011.

1. AGrayson84

AGrayson84 Guest

Hey everyone, I'm tossing around the idea of picking up a used mini truck. I've been using Craigslist for the past few days and have seen a few good deals, but nothing that really suits what I want for the right price range.

I need something with 4x4, high/low selectable preferred, but I'm pretty sure that I want to stay away from all-wheel-drive (full-time 4WD). Make/model doesn't matter, as long as it is a basic mini pickup model (Suzuki Carry, Daihatsu Hijet, etc.). Heat and A/C would both be a plus.

Something that already has a lift and ATV tires would be nice, but I can always do that myself later. If it needs a little work, no big deal, I'm very mechanically inclined and don't mind having to put a little work into something for a reasonable deal. I live in Southern Maryland (U.S.) and don't mind driving a few states away to get something.

So based on what I'm looking for, and a budget of around $2,500 are there any other good resources out there aside from Craigslist that I should be looking at? I found a few other web sites out there that specialize in selling these things, but they are pretty expensive from what I've seen. Thanks for your time!

-Andrew

2. miniman

miniman Member

Sorry man, that's not going to buy you much of a truck, if you want a nice solid truck your going to be in the 5K range for anything worth while

3. wedge17.6

wedge17.6 New Member

hello:
    There is one shawnee ok. on craigslist, $2700, I think it a honda , don't know anything about just read the add, I just bought a nice 97 curry from okla. city.
    good luck on your search
    wedge

4. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy New Member

5. That is a big gamble in that price range... maybe someone has one rusted out or high kms. If you love DIY projects and tinkering to get it to work...then certainly you'll find something at that $.

Best place is right here for a truck ... vendors or members.

I will say this, original parts used/new are not cheap ... I have even been quoted new prices for used parts, makes me sick guys. It adds up, so please consider what 'may' take to keep that find going.

Good Luck...

6. chris_snchez

chris_snchez Member

Thanks for websites

7. AGrayson84

AGrayson84 Guest

Hey thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, depending on what needs work I'm open to something that isn't a turn-key vehicle... as long as the price is right also.

@mr_tiggy: I haven't seen anything on the http://www.best-car-japan.com/fees.php site that mentions price for individual shipments to the U.S.-- only container pricing. Any ideas on that one?? It seems like dealerships here in the U.S. really mark up the pricing on these once they receive a shipment and put them up for sale.

8. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy New Member

I'm sorry but I do not know the fees. I have not been in contact with either of these sites as of yet. You will have to send them an e-mail or give them a call to find out the fees. Obviously the best deal would be to get some people together who would like one and order a full container, but I'm sure that wouldn't be a real option. For me it looks like it would cost around 4500 (canadian,) just to get the truck to my front door. I have found a few within reasonable distance that are just over 5000....so for now I'm thinking I will just skip trying to get one shipped over and find a good deal near buy....I wish I could find one under 3000 but I don't think that will happen. If you consider the direction of gas prices after today's spike in oil....you/I will probably just be thankful to have one when gas prices are way up there.:p

9. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy New Member

On a side Note, if anyone actually uses one of those sites I have posted could you let us know your results? Good, Bad, or Ugly

10. chris_snchez

chris_snchez Member

we should post a new thread about this website