1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru libero with a bad engine...

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Swaan, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Swaan

Swaan New Member

Hello fellow minitruck owners,

This is my first post from Haarlem, The Netherlands.

Last week i picked up a 1995 E12 superdeluxe (Libero) for just €500. I've loved this car since my child years and i am so happy i finally own one.The owner was sick of it because he payed a dealership €1200 last year for rebuilding the engine and now it still doesn't run great. You can hear some rattling (probably the valves) and the more you push down the accelerator the less power it has.

I work at the firebrigade and this saturday we will open up the engine and have a look. I already saw that there was a severe oil leak so i am expecting the worst. The rebuild consisted (as far as i can see by looking at the bill) of replacing the valves, seals and facing the cilinderhead.

My question for you guys is one that has been asked before but i can not find a concrete answer anywhere. I can get a complete engine from a '95 Justy with the same enginepartnumber: EF12 but wil i get this engine fitted?
    Both are no carb engines.

I read that the exhaust and inlet-manifold are backwards on this engine so probably it will never fit?!

I will keep you guys posted and will soon post some pictures of the car, and maybe you can help me to rehabilitate this treasure.

Thanks for now

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i think it is the same engine as the justy.

3. anthill

anthill Member

To be honest, you are doing right to ask at the Subaru Justy Proboards forum...

Trying to get the 3-valve Justy engine in a Libero is tempting. The problem is that the Libero's valve head still has to have the timing chain gear on the same side as the Justy, despite having inlet and exhaust flipped.

So in the best case you would end up with 1 inlet valve and 2 exhaust valves? :rolleyes: