1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seats

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jay woods, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jay woods

jay woods Member

If anyone is interested, I have been looking for someone to work on the seats in my Hijet. People either did not want to work on them or where in my opinion way to high. I stumbled on a place way out in the country pretty close to me who didn't even hesitate. Super nice guy, does custom hot rod work among other things. Been doing it 33 years. I just wanted them covered in something decent but not expensive. He disagreed and said lets do it right. Long story but he is going to do them up right with stitching, extra padding, and in camo! Real nice, very tough, rip stop, water proof fabric. $100 each including fabric. I didn't think that was to bad. About all I wanted to pay.

2. Griz

Griz Member

seatcovers

Was that $100 for each truck or $100 per seat covered? Hope you take some before and after pictures. I need to find someone in Oklahoma to do seat covers and have not as yet done anything so I am interested in your successful hunt.

3. jay woods

jay woods Member

That is 100 per seat. I am supposed to pic them up at 2:00. I will try and post the pictures. I have tried to post pictures before and did not work, however I can email them. If you are interested I can email them to you.

Jay

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Here's some pics of Jays seats. They look really good!

P1020136.jpg

P1020135.jpg

5. Subaru

Subaru Member

Those are awesome looking:cool:
    Might as well do the headliner to match

6. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

They look great but the fuzzy shifter takes some of the testosterone out of the truck ;)

7. jay woods

jay woods Member

Here let me put some testosterone(sp) back in it. It is used for hunting, my son put that on, .....Deer Balls sack! How is that for testosterone!

My daughter won't touch it!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  8. jay woods

jay woods Member

Hey greg,
    Thanks for putting those on. We tried again last night. Only thing I can figure is that we need to shrink the photo file. It starts to upload and then says, file failed to upload. I don't know. But thanks again

Jay

9. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

:eek: Your rubbing a ball sack while driving :eek:

J/K

It just looked out of place in the pixs

10. jay woods

jay woods Member

Laughing, Pretty redneck huh?

11. greg0187

I don't know if its just becuase I was wondering what it was or if it was Todds comment but that, my friends, is funny as hell. Seriously, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Jay..I didn't resize the pics.

-Greg

12. jay woods

jay woods Member

Now you got me laughing. Cut em off, clean em out, pull over shifter, put rubberband around bottom, let dry a couple of days.....wa-la, nut sack shifter! I guess I will have to leave the forum now.:D

Here comes PETA.

13. jay woods

jay woods Member

Hey, I keep catching my wife in my truck, is that a bad thing? Anyone else have that problem?

14. greg0187

Jay,
    Any thoughts for the parking brake lever? or do I want to know.:D

-Greg

15. jay woods

jay woods Member

We are both laughing, she does not think it is as funny as I do though! I am trying to get the grass cut because I am leaving again tomorrow for six days. Can't get anything done because I keep coming in and checking this forum. Now that's bad!:D

16. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

PETA? People Eating Tasty Animals? :frustration:

17. jay woods

jay woods Member

Thats the PETA I belong too.

18. greg0187

Me too! I sent the picture to my mom and my dad called me just rolling. We got the deer hoof and turkey foot coat hanger, and the trukey spur necklace but the shifter is beyond anything I have seen. It kind of reminds me of the indians. They used everything from the buffalo. :D This actually made my day. Thanks Jay.

19. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Those are really cool looking seats. I get mine done in Austin and pay 80.00 just for the bottoms. Most of the time the backs are alright. I am with jay wood, I about peed in my pants. Send that to You know you are a REDNECK IF.

20. greg0187

Hey Jay! How is that ballz sack holding up after all these years? :p