1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walmart in Canada Tire Sale

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by misterturbo, Mar 19, 2008.

1. misterturbo

misterturbo Member

Just in case anyone is looking for tires in Canada... Walmart is having a sale:

145/80/R12 (Stock Minitruck tire size) are $24.95ea
    If you are looking to upgrade to perhaps 13" rims and get some extra gearing, 155/80/R13 are only $28.95ea

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Nice catch!:D

3. ddimports

ddimports Member

wal mart

last year they sold the tires for 5.00 a tire and 4.00 evro fee
    but i picked up seven 200 cold cranking app lawn and tractor batteries for 10.00 sorry i forgot to post it the 300 cca were 38.99 good for summer only

4. nightair 98

nightair 98 Member

Tires will a 23 in high tire work on my suzuki.??? without puting a lift kit on. Will it be to much gearing. I have 175x80x13 snow tires good heavy
    lugs. 15.00 each plus shipping. I have several sets. I need a set of 4x100 rims 12" for
    my suzuki. call me at 4403154149. Randy

5. glenn

glenn Member

Thanks Chris,

walmart may be okay for the summer but I found that the tires slip in colder weather.
    I picked up a pair of yokohama's 165/75R/12 out of Reno (for the back)and they seem to be a bit better on the snow and ice, you don't see the difference too much but you can feel it. Price was $50.00 each plus shipping.

Check the date of manufacture for your tires at walmart (all tires for that matter)...... my tire guy sez that old stock tires are no good especiallly if they have not been used..... they crack prematurely and the tread does not hold up. tires need to be used within a certain time from manufacture for them to last....something about road friction and heat or something .......
    so i've heard......

glenn

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Is your vehicle that your putting the yokahama's on a 4WD? If so it's not a good idea to put different size on the back as it will cause the drive train to bind and cause damage to the various components.

7. glenn

glenn Member

Two wheel drive buddy...tanks for the concern though....
    [​IMG]

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  8. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

I have thought about getting a 2wd for that reason but the guys selling them here said they just couldnt get going around on snow and ice in 2wd..

9. glenn

glenn Member

hey stuff,

our truck is for road use, we do not drive it off road'n. The yokohama's seem to be okay in the snow covered road, as long as it is not too deep, we just wait for the mto road plow... I don't think that the width would make much difference from 145's to 165's if the height is the same in a 4 wheel drive for the components...... I could be wrong though....check with a professional eh?

glenn

10. glenn

glenn Member

Hey Chris,

met your guy who got the honda from you today! he came up to the shop the see slumpy......had a great talk..... it's confirmed!...you're a great guy! thanks for all your help with the truck...

glenn