1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove Sambar/Domingo sliding door panel?

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by anthill, Apr 17, 2011.

1. anthill

anthill Member

Anyone taken off the side door inside panels? Mine's got a sticky handle mechanism and I'd like to get behind the panel to re-grease.

Tried flexing it to find whatever clip might be holding the window handle on, but there doesn't seem to be much of a gap...

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

sometimes there is a large plastic washer between the crank and the door panel. It is usually the size of the base of the crank. Try getting a piece of cloth between the washer (if its there) and the crank. other than that I don't know :confused:

3. anthill

anthill Member

Yes, thank you Greg. Got it all sorted with some silicone spray. As you said, the trick was to slide the rag between the handle and the big plastic washer (I had been trying between the washer and the door panel).

[​IMG]
    Handles, removed

[​IMG]
    Inside door panel

[​IMG]
    Inside door. The black goo holding the plastic sheet on is real gross!

[​IMG]
    Turned out I didn't have to take off the inside panel - the problem was right underneath the outside handle. Sprayed some silicone lube on the slider here and it freed right up.

[​IMG]
    Here's the same slider spot. Got it from both sides, since I had it open already.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

That dang washer will get you every time! Glad u got it. Thanks for the pics especially the inside of the door panel showing the clips is very helpful.

Last edited: May 5, 2011