1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Suzuki Carry Value question

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by wreck, Jun 27, 2011.

1. wreck

wreck Member

I'm tired of waiting for the city or state to pass a law/ordinance so I can get my truck back on the road. I'm trying to get a realistic value on this if I put it up for sale. Here are the details.

I'm in NW Minnesota if the location has any bearing on the value.

As far as paperwork goes I have the photocopy of the title that the state revoked so I can prove it's legit as far as that goes.

53,000 KM
    LED conversion inside & out - Only the 2 headlight bulbs are still incandescent
    New radio & speakers in the doors - Nothing fancy but not the stock AM unit
    New battery this spring
    Pretty much new 145/12 street tires
    Amsoil in the engine/trans/diffs
    Super sweet custom rear bumper

Blower resistor is bad - Fan only works on high
    Cam seal leaks a little - No a ton

I'm guessing the value somewhere in the $4000-4500 range. Is that in the ball park?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Last spring I bought a '95 Scrum stock with 121 km,wore out tires,bad battery,same cam leak for $2900.I live in the land of fruits and nuts so there is no hope of registering.My truck looks to be in similar condition to yours and I really like it but wouldn't pay over 3k unregistered.Just my $.02.
    Good luck

3. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

Ummm i think price 4000$ is reasonable, but depends how long and how much will cost to legalize(i like this word legalizzzze) it.
    On your side
    1)it's Suzuki, 1995 and headlight is same design as 1997
    2)low km's(what about timning belt and water pump?)
    3)lots of work been done
    4)truck looks tidy with no rust

Against you - it's not registered

Neutral - small oil leaks. It's reasonable for 1995 truck

4. wreck

wreck Member

Pump & belt have not been done as far as I know.

There aren't a ton of places in the US that they are totally road legal are there? The documentation I have should get anyone going in a state where they are legal. Here in MN it's not a matter of getting this one road legal because the state says NO to mini trucks.

If I sell it I'll probably end up with a Cushman Truckster metermaid car.

5. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

Cushman Truckster metermaid car how it looks like?

6. wreck

wreck Member

7. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

So... you want to say THIS is road legal?! :eek:

8. wreck

wreck Member

Pathetic but yes it is legal in the US. It is technically a motorcycle and gets registered as one. It even has the all important 17 digit VIN and safety tag from the manufacturer/Government.