1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idle jet / slow jet

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by rst277, Jul 15, 2011.

1. rst277

rst277 Member

I have isolated my idling problem to the carb. Could someone please post a pic or diagram of where the idle jet / slow jet is. I have looked and looked and I don't want to start pulling stuff off at random. Thanks, Ralph

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Red arrow in pic. Flathead screw is the cap over the idle jet...idle jet is recessed under the screw ..flathead as well red arrow also points toward front of truck

Attached Files:

3. rst277

rst277 Member

Yeah, I never would have found that on my own. Thanks s much. I will try pulling the jet out to see if its damaged - may need to rebuild the carb. Ralph

4. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

you still need to tell us whether it is too rich or is lean!

5. rst277

rst277 Member

I plan to, I plan to. First I have to get it running steadily. I ordered a rebuild kit and once I get it running I will dial in the idle speed and mixture. Don't worry I'll be posting! Ralph

6. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

you dont need to rebuild it to see if its rich or lean. just look at plugs or smell exhaust or stop gas flow to carb while its running and see if it smooths out for short time or just stops. If its rich it will run good for 5 seconds when you stop gas to carb if its lean it will just stop.

7. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

or just hold choke closed almost all the way to see if it is lean, if it is lean then closing choke will make it run better if it is rich then closing will make it run worse

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011