1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make your mini run on water?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by fd1228, Apr 29, 2008.

1. fd1228

fd1228 New Member

Has anyone seen or have experience with coverting water to HHO gas and using it as a gasoline HHO hybrid. I have seen a lot of info on the internet; but, it seems to good to be true.

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I did a little research and found that HHO is just like Hydrogen power, but includes oxygen. They have already got metro buses and such running off Hydrogen. Its the same as running your mini off Propane. You just need to get a tank of fuel and a carburator and it will work. Only problem is keeping the water that is produced from entering the engine. Theres no way anytime soon that you will be able to fill up a tank of water and have the viehicle produce this gas on its own. Hydrogen is created by electrollosis and is a slow process.

-Greg

3. alabama miniman

alabama miniman New Member

the hydrogen generator is a small battery size that hold and converts h2o to a gas state . it has a tube that carries this gas to the breather where it is drawn in with air and is mixed and combusted with your regular fuel. the generator has a pos. and neg. that goes to the battery for power. this h2o gas is used as a supplement because of the amount of batteries needed to power a totally h20 car. I do not know what the effect this has on the electronics of newer cars.

4. Meesho

Meesho Member

No, it's a scam. Those conversions don't work.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  5. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle Member

This company, which looks pretty legit, is selling a higher end version of what is being discussed here. Maybe it does work?

http://hydrogenfs.com/products_howitworks.php

Either way, I think I will build one of the smaller units I have seen online (mason jar style) and see what it actually produces - don't think I'll be rushing to attach it to the engine. It may be a dream, but wouldn't it be great some day to run our Kei's off of solar panels, batteries and water.

6. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Ah, come on "Sparkie". Try it! Then, you can "shop around" for the "best deal" on a new engine.
    Tmikewww

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  7. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle Member

Tmikewww - instead of being sarcastic, how about you explain why someone would need a new engine from mixing a small about of hydrogen (or HHO) with gasoline for a cleaner more efficient burn. Hydrogen can be sprayed directly into a carb and the car will run - I have seen it done. In fact, there is already hydrogen in gasoline:

"Gasoline, or petrol, is made of a mixture of hydrocarbons, which are molecules composed of carbon and hydrogen atoms. Typically, in standard gasoline, the hydrocarbons consist of carbons chains are 5-10 carbon atoms long."

Now...again, if you have something relevant to add, please do - if you want to keep on digging up another post, then you will have completely lost my attention. I do not claim to be an expert on the subject of HHO use, but this is a board for debate, not personal attacks.

I have heard about metal hardening from hydrogen use, can you comment on that or anything to do with this thread?

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

There is no doubt that a KEI would run on hydrogen. The problem is being able to produce the hydrogen fast enough onboard the vehicle. The vehicles that are currently using hydrogen and running off compressed tanks. I think it would be better to do an LP gas conversion, there is alot more information on LP, + there are no worries about water in the engine.

-Greg

9. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle Member

From what I have read, the purpose of these small units it to produce on demand and introduce a small amount into the fuel mix. It is an intriguing idea. I think it would be great if mini truck owners could lead the way on increasing full efficiency. The MPG is already great on most of these trucks, but can you imaging 90 MPG. I won't be rushing to add one to my car, but I would like to play with one of these units to see what it can actually do.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. Meesho

Meesho Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

11. Rural

Rural Member

This has been discussed elsewhere (in the Performance forum). The short version is that it simply doesn't work. The longer version is that any benefit you get from the minuscule amounts of HHO generated is overwhelmed many times by the extra load produced by the alternator.

You can find all sorts of material debunking this sort of scheme via Google. One can also prove that it doesn't work with a little high-school chemistry and recognition that alternators and engines aren't 100% efficient.

In a word: Scam.

Mark

12. confuzed

confuzed Member

hey sparkle how is the new truck? myself i feel my gas milage is good enough but then wasn't concerned with commuting in my 83 ford one ton ahhhhh the advantages of small town living 3 minute commute to work.but i do run the highways sometimes and it would be nice to get better milage then

13. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle Member

Truck is running great. No probs so far. Gas mileage has been excellent. The whole HHO think is just curiosity. Just one of those things that would be cool if true.

My next project is installing a stereo that sounds good but is not attractive enough to steal. I'll post my results. After that will be the installation of a tool box.

14. ive did alot of research and experimentation with the hho stuff. it became a huge craze in our area that turned into a flop. the shop across from us even got into installing hho units on mustangs... good news is they also have a dyno... results....

hho "bubbler"(your basic mason jar bubbler) and similar units every one is trying to use does add a lil more umph to the engine, but not that much, couple horse worth at WOT ... but the bubbler runs empty after one run on the dyno due to built up heat( heat = inefficiency) and lack of water volume( increased water volume would = weight and become redundant)

bad news is the fact that it runs empty...

the truth is that to create enough hydrogen to actually matter u would have to make a massive hydrogen generator that would in itself become dead weight in the vehicle...

sorry guys the 2 mason jars under the hood just wont cut it. secondly to power this bad boy its gonna require ALOT of input voltage... the problem with this... tradeoff. u might have gained on one end but to feed it takes away at the other so u nave no real improvement just draw on the alternator. i know theres alot of snake oil trying to be sold out there on the net right now but in all honesty, the only man that was making any ground in this was stanley meyers, and he died shortly after comming public. strange how these things happen. ive followed his research and the biggest thing on a bubbler is the signal fed to the reactor. u have to make the plates turn into a capacitor that collapses and rips electricy thru the water releasing the hydrogen while not heating up the water to the point that it evaporates. throwing amperage at it isnt the answer... this means ac signals. 555 times and sine waves.

secondly if u dig deeper into his research u will find that the bubbler was one of his very early stages of experimentation. the real deal came when he invented and built an injector that created the hydrogen at the tip under pressure, no more bubbler... i could go on and on about this subject for hours but have since put my time and energy into other projects... its ashame we lost such a great mind. he was really onto something hopefully someone else will catch back up to where he left off but as of now theres too many holes and the patent office is playing dumb when it comes to his plans and research.

as of now the only real means to use hydrogen effectively are fuel cell vehicles. i could see this being a viable option for a k truck